Drip irrigation system

hi fellow people

Just wondering if anyone uses drip irrigation systems in coco and if so, can you review or describe experience. Im looking at the $40-50 bucket siphon with USB. Thanks

5 Likes

i have nothing… :wink:
@kaptain3d knows all the right people… :crazy_face:
@repins12 @beardless @Stonedrus @Oldguy @Dman1969 @Gremmall @Turbonelson @KoolHandLuke @Joshmcginnis28 …does anyone have a lead for our brother here …
:sunglasses: :pray: :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with that setup. I basically built my own. It’s exactly like the hydro lock system only I don’t use cones at the end . Just little steaks that pinch around the tubing and hold dripper in position.

But loved auto watering in coco. Doesn’t get any easier

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure @Hoppiefrog uses a drip irrigation system… I think @Budbrother was using it too and maybe @merlin44 :thinking:

And @TDubWilly was also working with them… :

9 Likes

Sorry no help. I have a few autopots and a couple of these

8 Likes

I think @AfgVet is using something similar. :v:
I’m using auto pots in coco.

7 Likes

I don’t use drip irrigation in my grow room. I grow in 10 gallon fabric with soil. I do use a 10 gallon reservoir where I mix my nutrients and then use a transfer pump and a three foot long wand to water each plant drought to flood. Early in the grows I water maybe once each week but later it is every day.

8 Likes

Sorry. I just use a 5 gal water bottle to mix nutes in and transfer pump to the pots.

:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I actually purchased this unit a few months back and I don’t think it pushes enough gallons a day for a few plants.
I run a Vivosun 800/gph and run a 1/2 inch line to my halo rings.
I keep pump in a 30 gallon reservoir
I also have my plants sitting on a washing machine drip pan and then run off runs in to a 15 gallon bin and then water gets pumped out of the 15 gallon bin and in to a 30 gallon run off reservoir

5 Likes

This is what I’m running

5 Likes

I mix in a 5 gallon bucket and water by hand. Its a pretty foolproof system unless the mixer has been smoking. Then it’s a craps shoot lol

5 Likes

I think @AfgVet built a system something like that.

4 Likes

Here’s one where grower is in 1 gallon grow bags and drip irrigating multiple times daily:

4 Likes

@Oldguy @merlin44
may I ask what transfer pump you are using? My terapump TREP01 quick working. It uses 2 D batteries. Thinking of replacing it with a rechargeable model. Any info would be appreciated.

3 Likes

@beardless The one I’ve got just takes the 2 D cells as well.
Think it was about 25$.

https://www.google.ca/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiBwMi2jfjzAhWPSXIKHUy5CNwYABAGGgJxdQ&sig=AOD64_1XCHJK5nkOONcxI3Ol6PAUfSCaNg&adurl&ctype=46&ved=2ahUKEwifiL62jfjzAhWJrnIEHUuOArEQzzl6BAgBEDM

Ok. A bit less. :wink:

I have seen similar ones that are plug in.
Better flow than the battery one.

Edit. It doesn’t quite reach the bottom of the water bottle due to the small neck opening.
Leaves about a gal in the bottom.

:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks - I mix in a 5 gallon bucket. It is convenient to haul the bucket to the tent (4’) and use the pump.
Terapump is the main brand in US I guess

2 Likes

Ok, you guys have helped a ton. I’ll probably hold off and look at building something. But that’s minimally $150 I’m thinking if I get halos, more if I get cones (which I love). Eventually I want autopots so I may just wait and get autopots. I guess I could get the $40 one and see. I could use it just to keep things moist if I miss a day somewhere and water manually to runoff. Im a little afraid of overwatering with that method. Im not worried about the $40. I just spent a $100 on pens :laughing: I think the journal @Myfriendis410 posted might be useful Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. I couldn’t get back as fast I as wanted after posting. @Oldguy @kaptain3d @Gremmall @Myfriendis410 @Turbonelson @merlin44 @Arrow @Dman1969

Sorry if not tagged it wouldn’t let me ugh

6 Likes

Thanks @beardless @Arrow

2 Likes

I just use a 120 volt model with a 40 psi pressure switch that turns the pump off when I close the valve that I have on the wand. Purchased several years ago on Amazon.

4 Likes

Any chance you could put up a link?

3 Likes