Dragsterdad First indoor grow White Widow

My bad. Actually room is 12 x 8 ft.
Right now I have a 5x5 tent.
Bestva 3000 w led at wall is about 620 watts
And a no name 2000 w light.
I was thinking put a qb in tent and another next to tent for a 5 x 5 ish area and use the Chinese lights around edges
It’s gonna be tight.
Prolly popped too many seeds to start off but …

1 Like

I’m set to watching, my first thought was 16 fem! Only because if they are fem you could have veg and cut multiple clones from 2 or 3 plants! Still had 16 plants but would still have plenty of seeds in the bank.

1 Like

Plants still looking decent. Some of the leaves looked a little light burnt. So moved the led up from 27 to 32 inches
Will water tomoro with a little of Bergmans seedling Nutes.

1 Like

They are wrinkled from lighting. How long in solo cups? Mine only lasted a couple days before they needed to be moved. When you do bury the stem as much as possible
Thanks for tag! I’ll be watching!
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

They are about 2 weeks above soil and have been in solo cups about 8 days. Today is 5 days in tent
I will post pics tonight
Not much upward growth but leaves are growing. Hopefully the roots are growing also

1 Like

Ok 7/11 Happy Birthday to me

Plants have grown a bit. Leaves look a little light burned. Moved light up to 32 inches.
Temps steady 72-75
RH 57-87

I got a power meter and the light pulls 225.6 watts on this setting. I wouldn’t think that would burn them???
I did water to runoff 4 days ago and promix is still slightly damp but I added a light nute mix. I’m thinkin need the Nutes
Here are some current pictures
Any feedback and advice is welcome
All the babies look about the same as far as leaf coloring

3 Likes

Watering to runoff isnt great on those babies…ask me how I know lol

2 Likes

They need lite nutes with promix. Dont water but a tiny bit around stem. I before lights out give them a spray as well.

1 Like

Happy birthday

1 Like

Yea not sure why I watered it like that. I thought would dry quicker… I cut slits around the sides of the solos hoping to let more oxygen in there and help dry it out quicker.
Makes me wonder if it’s the lights or too much water and not enough nutrients

Let’s get the better explainers attention… @monkman I’m really stoned tonight :upside_down_face: something about cottedums and stored nutrients lol

That is a long time to be in the solo cups. If you are in Pro-mix you were correct to start adding nutrients. I start light nutes with true leaves. (About 2 to 2.5 weeks)… The tips almost look like burn to me. Is this Pro-mix or something else? Some soils are too hot for seedlings.

1 Like

They have been in solo cups 9 days. About 16 days old so far
Yes they are in promix
Leaves are burnt looking. Not sure if it’s from the lights or lack of Nutes or overwatered.

I was going to 3 gal air pots soon.
Should I wait till plants are bigger or transplant sooner ??

This is my first real grow and advice is welcome

Most folks wait till leaves reach outer edges of cups before transplant. Usually 3-4 weeks. And be careful with the nutes when very young. There are diff types of pro mix. Some with and some without added nutes. It should say on the bag. The pro mix sunshine I use only has a starter charge for seedlings. They recommend feed after 3-4 th watering. Peace for now @dragsterdad. Enjoy ur day. :+1::v:

2 Likes

That’s what I thought about waiting till leaves were bigger than cup.
I am using the promix with no fertilizer in it so have been using Bergmans seedling nutrient.
Very lightly. Maybe not enough ??

1 Like

You didn’t happen to flood the cup and get nutes on the leaves by any chance ?
Just wondering. :thinking:
Might explain the burnt tips.

Negative. Nutes into soil only. But maybe not enough is my thing. Was watering sparingly till i did one overwater till I had some runoff.
Then I feel it took too long to dry enough for more liquid. And had no Nutes for 4 or 5 days.
Gave a small amount of Nutes last night
Lights back on at 4pm so I will look then and see how they are

1 Like

Not any better.
I have a blurple light I have put on it. Only pulls 46 watts.
Tips of leaves are browning and ugly.
I am puzzled.
Nute issue ( too much or little)
Water. Cups are drying out
Lights ???
Plants are growing
Leaves are growing

Any thoughts on this

Any promix growers with advice ???

sorry, i would have been at it earlier, but have had a bad day. your pics look like too much water to me also. i only spritz the top dirt 3 or 4 times for when they are cotyldon leaves and add more spritz when they get their first couple of nodes.

i use solo cups and have great luck with them. there are some things to make sure to do though. i punch two holes in the lowest part of the solo cup bottom, and punch in 5 holes around the perimeter of the bottom of the cup every inch or two spaced evenly and located about a quarter of an inch above the bottom of the cup.

i also use a clear solo cup, and then cover it with an opaque solo cup that has two hole drilled into the bottom. in using a clear solo cup, you can then slide the cup out of the opaque one to inspect root system without damaging roots. this is important so that you can wait until you have enough roots at bottom and around the sides so that when you transplant the dirt doesn’t crumble away from your roots, makes for less stress in transplant.

3 Likes