Dr. Grinspoon Indoor First Grow

Ive got the Maintenance and Calibration kit in the basket, Ill order it tomorrow. I am gonna trust the truncheon anyway, i cant see how the digital would be any good, the difference in price is very big and everyone is loving the truncheon so im pretty sure the digital one is just done for after 5 months of use. The probes mustve corroded and its showing random numbers…

2 Likes

Yep. That’s it. I would have converted for you had I known. So those fixtures will work.

1 Like

Okay! I just googled them, they are the US equivalent of Diyleduk, off brand DIY led boards that come disassembled. The zeus 600w pro and the scopes are from a site exactly the same but for europe.
I realised when purchasing light kits most of the times you pay about 30% for the branding, and sites like HLG or Diyleduk will use that 30% to give you a little bit better performance since you basically pay for the parts instead of marketing, advertising, brand logo and name etc…

I will open the “dream fund” savings account when this run is over, and until i get that overkill light i wont rest in peace xD

2 Likes

Here’s an update for day 112, last day of week 6 of flower.
The plant is getting smellier, i did a little potency test, pinched a bud from the bottom half of the plant and dried it in the microwave for 15 sec.
At first there was nothing but then my eyebrows got really heavy, and i felt a pressure opposite to the base of my tongue, i couldnt really make sense when i was trying to explain or talk about something and the euphoric and happy feeling was almost overwhelming. The high lasted about 20-25 minutes, but it was nothing like ive ever tried before :smiley: im very excited to see this mature to its full potency!!

3 Likes

Gotta love a tester bud!!

Hey lang has really stretched out, well done!!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: believe it or not i am still winging it xD

2 Likes

Heres day 113
The microscope has finally arrived :smiley:

There is not much change on the plant to warrant any picture updates yet, so ill leave it at this.

Tested the truncheon tool in their calibration liquid, which was supposed to be 2.77EC and the truncheon read 2.0EC and dropped to 1.8EC when the temps settled. i contacted Bluelab and all they came back to me with was a question if i kept the shroud on when i was testing. I requested a replacement with amazon, the new one arrives tomorrow. Ill do the same test on both to see wtf is going on. I may be the unluckiest person alive…
I have some leaf tip burn here and there, its more visible now, i blame amazon.

2 Likes

what did you get?
Bunch of trich pics at
(Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)

Got a cheap Jiusion one, works with USB can connect it to a phone. Its still too early anyway, got another 7 weeks to go ±
Thanks for that link :smiley: ill have something to read!

fun to see what is going on and see how they change.

2 Likes

I love the way those buds are popping up down the branches. What strain is it??

1 Like

It is called Dr.Grinspoon, i think its previous name is Quaze Haze(?) something about Neville’s Haze genetics that makes a beady or “pearl” like structure on the stem, instead of a regular conical bud.
The problem is that, since 2018, the breeder has had a very difficult time isolating this particular phenotype, and most of the bean packs since have all been random, some have less trichomes, some dont make as many pistils, all of them grow in a “Feather Duster” shape.
Ive been following some growers on other forums that tried finding this rare phenotype but almost everyone 2018 onwards has gotten the other ones.

I bought these seeds in june 2018, so i am also one of them people. Initially i thought i might have gotten it, because of how you say the buds started growing, but a few weeks in the grow i now realise its not the one. Mine has more pistils and its a bit more hairy yes, but its still not the one that this strain is famous about.

The reason i chose this 14 week flowering strain is because of the professor Dr. Lester Grinspoon and his studies, but also self medication reports from ADHD patients. After all, this whole project was mainly to help my wife get off her prescriptions. I believe into a gogo smoke instead of a gogo pill y’know…

1 Like

Its supposed to be growing like this.

2 Likes

Day 115
I did a little photoshoot :smiley:
Some buds look somewhat ready, i am fighting with the urge to pluck and smoke, it all looks so awesome!

3 Likes

Imagine how they will look and taste in another 3-4 weeks maybe a little less. For me at least, the last 2 weeks ends up being 3.

2 Likes

Im gonna have to cure them first, need all these sugars from Bud Candy and terpenes to convert and disperse. Unless i smell weed in the jar im not particularly a fan of tasting it, High-wise the one pinch i did last week was so strong and potent, im only 26 but ive never smoked anything like this…

1 Like

Sativa generally take longer start to finish than indica. I only get the smell from the jar and 2nd hand smoke as I do not partake. I grow it for my wife and as recreation.

3 Likes

Heres Day 125

Buds are fattening up!

I stopped giving Big Bud, threw away Bud Candy, run out of Sensizym and B-52. So at the moment, i am feeding with 1ml/L of A&B, 1.5ml/L Bud factor X and 2ml/L Overdrive. That makes it 1.5EC at the beginning of week 9 of flower. I will keep decreasing by .1EC every few days until week 12 of flower, then i flush with flawless finish ONCE and keep feeding plain water until harvest.

The “Pearly” pheno seems to be there, but not as prominent as it used to be advertised.

I did another popcorn nug pluck a few days ago and steam dried it in the microwave (credits to ManInTheShed and a few others cuz i havent found this info anywhere else online)
Shared the smoke over tea with my wife and we got so high, giggling over literally anything. The taste wasnt really there, in fact, it had absolutely NO taste, but thats down to steam drying all the terpenes and chlorophyll off, since both are water soluble, THC isnt. It lasted for about 3-4 good hours which i didnt even notice go since i was occupied on the computer researching and reading things :stuck_out_tongue: Really nice effect.

I dont think theres any difference with previous pictures but for the sake of updating here you go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man I love the symmetry coming from the rows of buds on those branches!

1 Like

Completely unusual isnt it :stuck_out_tongue:
Not that ive ever grown anything other than kitchen herbs and supermarket fruits but to me looking at a cannabis plant that looks like this is a bit strange… Like i said i dont expect too much from it, never did really, i knew from the start its gonna be little but good.
Im also expecting the buds to shrink to absolute nothing during drying, so based on what i can imagine im looking at about 150g maybe a bit less, but the quality should be good. i hope anyway xD

1 Like