Dr.Evils ''moon rock breaker'' the puns continue!

5 Likes

Out of likes, but appears they are cruising along very well!

Did you make any decisions on the next light project?

1 Like

iā€™m still rummaging the junk yards trying to find something just right! lol
then we can size everything according to thatā€¦lol

2 Likes

Nice @BIGE looking good!

1 Like

@dbrn32 i found some 1/8 in aluminum plate for 1$ a lbā€¦
going to check it out later this morning.
iā€™ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Buy extra, did you see what it was selling for on auction site?

1 Like

i did not see the priceā€¦yea i will buy plentyā€¦
i also have a wooden deck to replace on my boatā€¦lol

Ha, there ya go!

1 Like

they did not have any 4by4 sheets leftā€¦lady just posted ad last night!
so i got some 3by4 and 2by4 pieces, 70 lbs worth!

3 Likes

todayā€™s haul @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Myfriendis410

8 Likes

And thatā€™s on top of the other aluminum you just ordered! Youā€™re gonna have to build me one too! Lol

3 Likes

Holy smokes, for $70?

1 Like

1$ a lb i got enough to re-deck my boat and build some excellent lights!

3 Likes

7 Likes

any leads on wago connectors,and small grommets to run wires through?

1 Like

Not sure if thereā€™s a menards local to you? But you can buy them in small quantities there for decent price. Not sure if Home Depot or Loweā€™s carry, but I would guess. I bought one of them 100 piece assortments cheap on amazon maybe 2 years ago. But they seem to have gotten a little more expensive.

I snagged grommets from work so havenā€™t really shopped for them much. I feel like Iā€™ve seen them at most auto parts stores though.

2 Likes

yea,iā€™m going to make this light uniform,without wire nuts and suchā€¦

2 Likes

Those wagos are nice for that, they can be glued in place out of the way. Iā€™ve also used terminal strips that should be reasonably found at home improvement or electronic stores. You just have to make sure they are rated for voltage and current youā€™re using.

1 Like

on the 280mm strips we use a 700ma driver?
how many strips can be fired with an hlg120h c700a

700ma is max current. I think they would be ok there, but on something like aluminum plate Iā€™d be a little leary of running a lot of them tightly spaced on the plate.

If youā€™re going with a dimming driver you can throttle back the output current if need be. But Iā€™m not sure youā€™d want to risk designing a light that needs to be run at less than full power? Iā€™m guessing at that too, it could be perfectly fine. But I havenā€™t set them up like that, so Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™d feel a lot more comfortable in the 350-500ma range. There should be able to mount them side if you wanted. The other option would be going to 700ma, and then potentially setting up a pc fan on top of the plate if it gets a little hot.

1 Like