Dr.Evils ''moon rock breaker'' the puns continue!

@BIGE

Don’t give up the ship just yet my friend.
Let me check on a couple of things first.
I saw the leafs on your plants and I think I can help you out.

@BIGE

Try cutting up a potato and put the slices on the soil. The giants love it and are drawn to it.
This spray can be used on your plants until the day of harvest. Apply whenever earwigs (or other insects) are present.
Diatomaceous Earth – Apply this mechanical killer in flowerbeds where earwigs are active. The fine dust shears through their exoskeletons, killing within 48 hours of contact.
Rose & Flower Insect Killer – Protect roses and other flowers from earwigs and other insects that target your flowers.
Insect Killing Soap – Use Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids to weaken insect exoskeletons, ultimately killing earwigs by dehydrating them.
3-In-1 Garden Spray – A triple-acting spray that targets insects, fungal infections and plant diseases.
You can also set up a simple earwig trap. Here’s how to set up an oil trap to capture and kill earwigs:

Get a small plastic bowl and poke pencil-sized holes in the lid.
Fill the bowl about halfway with a soy sauce-vegetable oil mix.
In the area of concern, dig a hole just deep enough to set the bowl inside.
Cover the bowl up to the lip and leave the lid uncovered. Earwigs should be able to crawl directly onto the lid.
The earwigs will seek out the soy sauce, fall in and drown in the oil.
Replace the mix regularly.
Another trap uses the earwigs’ instinct to hide against them. Here’s how to set up a newspaper trap to catch earwigs:

Wet a newspaper and roll it up into a tube.
Set the newspaper roll near your plants before sunset.
Collect the newspaper in the morning and dispose of it in a sealed plastic bag.
If you want, you can carry the newspaper away from the area and open it to check the effectiveness. Be prepared to see lots of earwigs, though!

6 Likes

I’ll bookmark this. Thanks

1 Like

What happened @BIGE? I tried to find it but haven’t…sorry brother… that sucks dirty dog balls

1 Like

well i think i must have been jinxed or gotta bad ju ju or something…RIP first round of seedlings
i believe it is my fault by using thebottom of superthrive jug…

movin’on starting anew

happy anniversary @Sirsmokes

3 Likes

Hate to hear this @BIGE that sucks. I’m in the middle of changing my growing practices and am looking about a 6 week period I’m not going to have any thing to smoke lol so trying to throw some autos in the coco. Thanks for the anniversary note. Hope you get this turned around.

2 Likes

i believe i have turned the corner…lol
i switched lights to night to quit using a/c…
it was sucking some bad hombres into my grow…
capt jacks bug killer helped a bunch too!

3 Likes

I have been very fortunate in the pest department only things I have is occasional gnats, that’s when I know I need to let them dry out a extra day or two… I keep a bottle of neem oil just incase. I’m glad you got them under controll. I also run mine on a 10a -10p lights out and vice versa it really helps control temps during hot part of day

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss @BIGE

1 Like

it’s not over yet, weathered and worn but still in the game…
not sitting as pretty as the first of summer,but i believe it is going to be ok…

3 Likes

38632927_10216651983760326_4193407678980030464_n
i won’t name,names but you know who you are!!!
plenty of good folks here at ILGM!!

7 Likes

hehehehehehehehe gipjhy

1 Like

Your on a roll this morning buddy
Hahahahha