Dr.Evils ''moon rock breaker'' the puns continue!

Do they have 288 in stock for same price? Only reason I ask is because 3 of them fit nicely on hlg-320-1750, and you could probably get away with mounting 3 on 2x4 aluminum plate very well at that current.

1 Like

sold out of 3000k
kinda liking my 3500k but not dead set

2 Likes

3500k qbā€™s would work

2 Likes

skywalker fell to the dark side this morningā€¦iā€™m happy to say she was covered in bronze/amber trichsā€¦
that leaves GSC and critical cheese,which are ready to chop but will have to wait until saturdayā€¦
gotta work tonight,tomorrow and monday nightā€¦

7 Likes

@dbrn32 iā€™m thinking 560mm this round,and i believe it will be strips againā€¦lol
i have a piece of stock roughly 2ā€™x4ā€™ would 27 strips overheat plate?

2 Likes

What current? At 1050ma youā€™re looking at 20 watts per strip. 500+ watts may be pushing it a little. I would probably do 700ma though. Maybe see if there is a good driver fitment there, potentially dropping driver size and going to 700ma. For a 2x4 fixture really no need to be over 400 watts there.

1 Like

ok,i have two hlg-60h-c700a
could these be used and i buy a single driver for 1120 lights i already have?

1 Like

Arrow.com and digikey got strips in

1 Like

Oh I remember u said you ordered some already

they are about the only ones!! lol
iā€™m bouncing back and fourth in my mind about what i wanted @Aolelon

The penetration from a strips build is suppose to be ridiculous. Talking to a couple guys that have done them they say itā€™s way better than QB or COBs

1 Like

You have so many points of light so there is really no hotspots like with the QB or COBs and it is a lot harder to oversaturate your plants with them.

2 Likes

i see your point @Aolelon

1 Like

working tonight,so i will be back!!
leave thoughts,and iā€™ll check in the morning when iā€™m coma-toastā€¦lol
have a good evening everyone!!

3 Likes

I have had cobs for almost 3 years and strips for probably close to 2, and now a functioning qb. That statement isnā€™t true. The strips are good, they nor the qb appear to get better light penetration than cobs. You also donā€™t have the fall off with cobs provided theyā€™re spaced properly. If you put strips side by side touching, or spaced evenly you still have drop off moving away from center. I have them both ways.

People decide in their head that what they want to do is better for whatever reason, and then need to justify it.

4 Likes

@BIGE sorry about the delay. Have my hands full with a few other issues.

Each hlg-60h-c700 will run 5 gen2 560mm strips. I got 100vdc available on driver and typ fv of 19.5 at 700ma on the strips. Look right?

1 Like

The dropoff isnt as bad as you make it sound.
This is a ppfd of a 3x3 build of 320w 3000k 10 single row f-series strips @18 inches

Hereā€™s one at 12"

And hereā€™s the hlg 300
18_large

1 Like

If Iā€™m not mistaken hlg-300 is 280ish watts at wall and that Samsung build is 330 on the dc side right? Not impressive at all. Plus, you kinda cherry picked on the hlg-300. How do they compare when itā€™s at 24ā€? Not that much different, for almost 100 watts less and 8ā€ higher.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just mentioning the dropoff, itā€™s not that extreme, plus with the strips you are able to keep them a lot closer than the qb boards because they dont create the hotspots like the boards do so 12" as opposed to the 18" of QB. Either way I have the QB boards and have kept them within 12-14" and have noticed no Iā€™ll effects. I have a bunch more panels on the way and will be putting 6 of them in my room run pretty low

1 Like

And the strip build is really 313w at the wall the hlg 300 is 285 so not a major difference. 30w