Dr.Evils ''moon rock breaker'' the puns continue!

700ma is max current on the 280mm. But I know people have done it. You have s few options going that route. 1. Deal with them running hot. 2, oversize your plate. 3, probably install a fan. 4. Turn your plate into a larger heatsink by using thermal tape or compound to mount some small channel to top of plate. 5, some combination of any/all of them.

Obviously you have dimming, but seems silly to have a 30-40 watt light. The 560’s are fine at 700ma too. All kinds of options, I can check fittings if you have an idea of which way you wanna go.

Another thing you could do at 700ma is some of the smaller cobs. But those would definitely need some help in the heatsink dept. those 18v ones I’ve been eyeballing aren’t even in production yet. None of the smaller qb’s fit very well, but possibly one of the alibaba knock offs. Probably other options too.

1 Like

i could hold them for pucks?
kinda ride that train some more???
560’s are good with me as well…how many strips per ballast?

Gen 2 strips looks like 5. Gen 1 strips looks like 4

1 Like

You could run pucks with them, but would need two and be looking like around 30 watts per puck. It would be super efficient and I’m sure the aluminum would cool them that way. But not exactly cost effective.

1 Like

the puck truck!

1 Like

It’s probably a real expensive light, but I bet you could make a pretty nice light bar out of 4 of them using both drivers.

1 Like

good morning @dbrn32 ,i’m ordering today let me run some #'s by you when you’re available sir.

Morning bro! I’m around, let’s see what ya have

1 Like

i’m typing and puffing so it may take a bit.lol

All good, working again this weekend so I’ll pop in and out as available. Hoping to not be very busy. I have a government project of my own to finish up

1 Like

lol, i hear ya,same plan just going hlg-185-c1050 will fire 9 560mm or 4 1120mm +1560mm? gen2

Yessir. On the gen 2 strips at 1050ma you’re looking at about 20 volts per strip on 560 mm series connected. 9 will give you around 180 volts dc.

The. Driver has max voltage 190 volts dc.

On the 1120 strips the forward voltage on those strips will be around 40.5 at 1050ma. Four of them will be just a smidge over 160 volts. Doesn’t leave enough room for another 1120, but you can squeeze a 560mm in there if you’d like.

I can check hlg-240 if you’d like. That should fit 5-6 of the 1120 strips if you’d rather do something like that?

2 Likes

ohh yea? 6 1120 strips on a hlg240?
hlg-240-c1050a
i bet tweleve strips would do great on a 2’ by 4’ flat plate?

2 Likes

Ugh, blew my wad on that one. It’s a couple volts short of doing 6 strips sorry

2 Likes

so five and a 56omm? lol got to squeeze another one in…lol

1 Like

Yep will do 5 no problem.

Do you mind if I have @HJL jump in here? He is looking to do strips for a 4x4 in veg. I’m thinking about same deal as you were looking at with two hlg-185c-h1050a and four strips on each but in 4000k color temp. If nothing else he can scroll up and see some of the options we tossed around.

3 Likes

i do not mind a bit…

3 Likes

@dbrn32

What strip part number are the 1120’s to go with hlg-185c-h1050a and how many strips can the driver handle.

2 Likes

3500k @HJL
bxeb-l1120z-35e-4000-c-b3
4 strips

1 Like

3500k think I might make my new 4x4 a flower tent and my old 2x4 a veg tent.

2 Likes