Dr.evil's hidden laboratory!

yes it was…fate bit you!
i’ve had plenty of those projects @Myfriendis410

1 Like

I just have to add my two cents here :grimacing:. I probably have more tools than the average woman and can wander around hardware stores for hours happily. PLEASE teach your daughters at least the basics of plumbing, electric, uses for hand tools, basics of car maintenance, etc. Trust me as that knowledge is priceless. Thanks to @dbrn32 I’m trying :crazy_face: to learn the fundamentals of electric as I’m stoned and old :rofl:

6 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @SmoknGranny @Nug-bug I would like all of those comments, but ya ool.

3 Likes

Amen to that @SmoknGranny.

2 Likes

Important is you want to learn… I also learn from this guy @dbrn32 I’m filling like one little boy

Happy new year my friends!

7 Likes

Bet them little ones are having the time of their life!

3 Likes

@BIGE you almost seem like my subconscious right before I start a project! “Where’s you PPE!”
After working in a factory I am much more aware of things like that. Yet I still allow safety to slide. I used to weld Dodge Ram truck exhaust. Only the dual
Version. I welded everything out of the muffler, up to the chrome tip. I hope someone thinks of me next time they climb under there! I may have welded it! If it leaks or has failed blame second shift! Lol they were terrible! First shift you’re ok, they made rate but no numbers like third shift!

1 Like

Second shift is always the whipping crew! My first industrial maintenance gig I was 3rd in seniority by age 25, we took third shift to avoid all the swinging d&@#$. So did most of the good operators. Third shift would constantly out produce 1st and 2nd combined. The guys on first were always plagued by micro management, second shift was pretty much the flunkies and new people. Third shift was gravy train, like dream team lol.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 that pretty much sums it up where I worked. Third shift was filled with misfits and odd people, but we made sometimes twice what first shift would make.

2 Likes

I’m stuck on 2nd shift right now it blows yes its lazy ass people the company uses to fill head count however just putting in 1 year on 2nd I know more than most my coworkers as I’m the one who does all of our trouble shooting and probably to be fair 70 percent of maintenance

1 Like

Valid point. If you got stuck on 2nd because you were new, had a few active brain cells, and were ambitious, you could be pretty much running the building in no time flat from 3-11 haha.

We were definitely the misfits though. If my partner didn’t have at least 3 drinks prior to coming in he was useless. Glass of gin with a splash of squirt was his go to.

1 Like

Funny you mention the guy drinking @dbrn32 this guy I worked with was just like that. When we had to work 12’s (which was a lot) he had a beer waiting in the car. By the end of the night he would be shaking from withdrawal. Nice guy though, showed up everyday, and was a character.

2 Likes

lol,next time i crawl under one i’ll think of you and GSC! lol
i work on cummings engines alot…lol

2 Likes

Well, I made a few of the straight exhaust parts on that one! I didn’t worked in that division as well for a bit. If you work on the ecodiesel version of the ram, I made the dual exhaust on that one too! Extra welds on that one! What a PITA! @BIGE

1 Like

I once worked with a guy like that how many beers he had before I got to work was how I knew how to run my machine a 6 pack and no one could touch him

2 Likes

@BIGE the company I just left a couple of years ago I was the forman I maintained and drove Kenworth and Mack trucks and a couple of pieces of CAT equipment… trailer dumps and tri-axles…I worked 7 days a week when needed…plowed in the winter…worked there over 16yrs… when i go back to it it will be for myself…I knew more than the owner of the last company made him alot of money…it brought up my kid…would have went on my own before but being a single parent and making the money I did I stayed rite there…had that pay check every week without the worries the owner had but not as big of paydays as he did…but in that business alot can go wrong almost always driver error but it would cost him when it did…he didn’t drive them and had to rely on having good guys which can be hard to find…he misses me I will tell you that…

4 Likes

sounds like my old job @WillyJ, they called me saying we will pay you cash…lol
i still do their night work but it cost them a pretty penny…lol
i have thought of getting a tri-axle and working around town here but the guys with the big fleets of trucks cut the little man to the bone around here…

2 Likes

What I currently do…I know alot of people in the business and hve a good reputation so I pick and choose my work…

2 Likes

Yes I hear you…but if your good and dependable they will call you…the bigger companies hire steering wheel holders

@Covertgrower @dbrn32
That is a perfect description. As a third shifter myself, I’m as odd and weird as they come! It takes a different kind of person to work when others are sleeping.

1 Like