DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

don’t drop your paddle

2 Likes

I am getting a month or two’s of rain (or more) in one week here. There has been 11+ inches of rain in my area for this week Mon - today and it is still supposed to have another 1-2 today and tomorrow ! Finally clearing up on Sunday PM. I’ll believe it when that big orange thing shows up in the sky (forget what you call it - lol and warms it up.

Our temps are highs to 41 today and 100% humidity. Gonna make it easy to keep the grow at 45 %. Hope the weather for both clears up. Take care and have a great weekend. :man_farmer:

@Willd - your plants are looking great. What is your target for putting them outside? I read about you using Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1. Is that all you add to your outside plants besides composting the soil?

3 Likes

And we’ve had almost 2" in a year. That’s inches.

1 Like

@Willd and this is why I also use duck duck. Don’t drink the Kool-aide!

Ok so the odor from fish emulsion feeding is not nearly as odoriferous as the concentrate, but it’s still pretty stanky. Fortunately, the greenhouse skin is containing it.
I’ll take pics when the fan stops.

13 Likes

Dumb fertilizer applicator (that would be me).
So I went to look at my little chickadees and found a spider-web like appearance of white mold. (not grey mold)
I had turned the fan off to work in there the other day and forgot to turn it back on.
I added some peroxide to my water this morning and gave them all a dose and turned the fan back on.
Still getting “crisping” on some leaves here and there even though the T5 isn’t anywhere close enough to burn them. I’m thinking it must be wind damage from the fan.

8 Likes

You got it in time I hope.

1 Like

Its been 8 days since the last pictures wth man
:wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been immersed in my Gravely obsession.
Let’s talk about inflation
How’s 1200% inflation grab ya?
Starter Clutch assembly-1957:

Starter Clutch assembly - Today:

These are only 500% inflation
Roller Cams - 1957:

Roller Cams - Today:

6 Likes

Unreal. But you love the process, right? lol

3 Likes

WOW!! …i had a 68’ bronco that was not hard to find parts but they were jacked up like you are going through…lol
i named that mud buggy ‘‘the wheels of fortune’’’ because it kept my wallet empty!
a large burden was lifted when i sold that rascal!lol
@Willd you just need to start milling your own parts…

4 Likes

There’s definitely a niche market for reproduction parts.
There is never going to be enough demand to engage in that kind of home business as anything more than a sideline/hobby, which I have plenty of already.
Before I got into IT, I worked as a machinist working with metal. And then fabricating precision optics from non metallic, non-porous materials like ceramic, artificial ruby and sapphire and all kinds of glass.
My first job as a machinist was running Cincinnati Mills at Cleveland Twist Drill. I had to stand on the bed of the mill to reach the spindle to change cutter speeds. I milled teeth in angled horizontal mill cutters of all different angles. Setting the index heads and correct position of all the 3-4 “dogs” that controlled xyz axis rapid and slow feed micro switches they passed by as it ran.

8 Likes

Bubba Kush

Seed came from flower grown from a clone in 2015
Will take cutting and force flower to determine sex next week or 2

15 Likes

Fresh Candy

12 Likes

Girl Scout Cookies

15 Likes

Looking good @Willd nice green

1 Like

Gold Leaf

This one is always thirsty.

13 Likes

Gorilla Glue

Gifted seed on unknown origin taking a cutting to force flower and determine sex next week or 2

12 Likes

Jazz

Gifted seed from neighbors 2017 outdoor grow. Will take cutting, force flower to confirm sex next week or 2

11 Likes

LA Confidential

Prize for winning ILGM BOM contest in Oct 2017

14 Likes