DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

No problem Will, I have faith too brother…

1 Like

This sux brother, I knew @Screwauger was going to feel horrible, I wish you the best and with @Niala in your corner I’m fairly confident you will overcome this

2 Likes

Oh, man. What a disaster. @Screwauger, don’t feel bad, it’s not your fault. @Willd you are a soldier. I’d still be cussing. Sorry about your losses this season. Here’s to a decent recovery, a peaceful winter, and a better season next year! :v:

4 Likes

More damage. Pure Indica.
So just like fresh Candy, water is getting into the crotch between the trunk & branch & weakening that union. I’m going to apply pruning tar to every last one.

5 Likes

You got a this @Willd That sucks Mother Nature can be a real pain some time

3 Likes

It should help… Did you wonder to try tieying them some how?

3 Likes

There should be a ‘dislike’ button.
Sorry to hear mother natures being a beech but you can do it, how long do your girls have left?

2 Likes

8-10 weeks till harvest. Going to erect some sort of trellis

3 Likes

What a bunch of…so sorry @Willd

Are you feeding them silica? Is it just too damn windy?

1 Like

Lattice walls running between the rows to tie off supports to?

1 Like

A little while to go yet :see_no_evil: best get some supports in ASAP…dont want anymore breakages :frowning: good luck and i will be :eyes:

2 Likes

@Willd i support mine with tomato cages. Not the flimsy store bought ones, i make my own 5 foot cages out of concrete reinforcing mesh, they are pretty rugged. Too late for you to do that this year, they need to grow into them, but something to consider for next grow. They also help do some minimal lst to keep branches apart for more sun and ventilation.
It might help you give them some more support. You can get the mesh at home depot or anyplace similar.

1 Like

I used fencing wire, 2x4 on perimeter thanks to @LF-the-OG, and 2x3 around the containers, mainly to protect from digging dogs, they come in handy for training too.

California Organic Backyard Grow 65 Gallon Grow Bags - #334 by hangthebanksters

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions and sympathy. I’ve got some ideas based on them. I’m thinking of fabricating a trellis from a rigid ring made of like nine gauge wire supported by legs made of 2 x 4’s. Each trellis would have to be as tall as the plant it’s supporting. The ring would have to have a circumference about the same as the plant. Tomato twine and tomato clips would connect the sagging branches to the ring above.
I have a shelter logic 1015 frame in my garage that never got erected and a white poly tarp. I may just retro fit that into a hoop house next season and use the frame to support the plants. (Much fewer plants that I have outside)
@elheffe702 windy is an understatement. All the humidity has allowed moisture to seep into the crotch of some of the heavier branches,weakening them. I had a few split last year too but not until well after they we laden with buds

4 Likes

I remember you mentioning that, now. The grafting wax is a great idea. I saw a YouTube video of some guys harvesting monsters like you have, and they had put layers of concentric cages around the plant as it grew. Almost like a tomato cage, but much bigger. I think they just used fencing and fence posts. I’ll see if I can find it, because it looked like NOTHING was knocking them over in those cages. I think you’d still have to support big colas, but it’d cover the branches, at least. I’ll see if I can find the video.

2 Likes

Here we go…at about 9 minutes in, there’s a good shot of the fencing once they get some branches out of the way.

6 Likes

Think I went into a trance watching that😎

3 Likes

Okay, so that’s not the video I thought lol

At any rate @Willd, you get the idea. You can use fencing like that. Could probably get a roll of it and a pickup bed full of fence posts, for much less than all that bud you lost (:frowning: :cry: :sob:) would cost you.

1 Like

That botrytis is something else.
I skipped a day of vigilance and found a mostly dead fan leaf with spores on the stem. I removed the small sample stem to check trichome development. Trichs look undersized to me. I’ll mix up another sprayer full of ZeroTol & feed bloom nutes again.

4 Likes

8 Likes