DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

That is very interesting…I have thousands of wild blackberry sites around my property. Well crap lol. Thank you @Niala and @Willd.

Looks like it’s time to bulk up my arsenal.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @DoomSack , obviously, with the size of your property, it will be costly to manage at the source, lol :wink:

Well in that case, you can only monitoring your grow space and treat your space in prevention, espacelly when the berries season is near the end, for each kind of fruits (some are early, other are later in this season) you have to know your environnement, knowledge is the key :wink::grinning:

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

I know it states that it’s food grade, but that is the manufacturer assuming the harvest will be washed. Do you also have to wash our harvest if it has been applied?

Another question is about the effect on flavor. Neem oil will foul the taste if applied to buds. Will the other products do something similar?

I really hate spraying anything on my buds, but I also hate losing buds…

3 Likes

I’m hoping for the best for ya @Willd you definitely have some tools in your arsenal that should take care of things.
Happy growing.

1 Like

I wash my harvest anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve never done it out of concern about losing trichomes in the process.

2 Likes

It’s more like a gentle dip in a room temp bath of peroxide solution then rinsed with clean water and hung to dry. Pretty sure the general consensus is knowing your end product is free of contaminates is worth the trace amount of trichome loss.

I was skeptical until the first time I tried it. It’s an eye-opening experience.

Outdoors where I grow there are all sorts of stuff you want to rinse off your harvest before processing for consumption ranging from powdery mildew and insect droppings to seeds of other plants, road dust, dead bugs and naturally occurring fibers that float through the air.

8 Likes

I thought it was downright crazy until I read it on this forum and watched the Cervantes video. I washed my harvest in room temp water, peroxide and lemon juice last fall with my own private coach, @Willd guiding me through the uncharted waters!!!

6 Likes

@FloridaSon

Hi my dear friend :grinning:

Some products that contain oil will stick to leaves and trichomes and are really difficult to be wash off, like neem oil…That’s why I stay away from products with oil in it, even essential oil… The principle is fairly simple, oil will stick to oil, water and oil doesn’t mix, so , oily product will stick to trichomes and will repel water, essentialy…

Those can alterate taste and to wash them out, yes, you’ll loose a lot of trichomes and potency.

However, with a living product like Bt-k, Bt-i, Cease, or SM-90 or ZeroTol 2.0 or OxiDate 2.0, that are essentialy peroxyde, you do not have any oil or sticky agent in their compositions and are easily wash out by rain…

And like our friends @Willd and @Screwauger mentioned, you don’t have to do a vigourous wash…, only rince your plants with your hose and a rain nosel or if you had some troubles with pests or mold, a slow bath Jorge Cervantes style with a rince to wash out any feces, dead bugs or mold will not be too damageable to our precious trichomes, most probably under 1% of lost… I don’t think you’ll see the difference buddy :wink::grinning::+1::ok_hand:

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

So you make three that want to ease my concern.

I’m willing to give it a try, but I hope y’all understand how important final taste is for me. Yes, I hate losing my precious trichs, but taste will be the key factor.

Lol…my mind keeps going back to “Medicine Man” with Sean Connery…“The cure was in the ants!” I don’t think y’all understand the bug situation in Florida. Every Floridian that spends any time outside has consumed some bugs. The damn gnats will fly right in your mouth while talking when they get bad. :nauseated_face:

The products that I see mentioned. Are those brand name or active ingredients?

I want to thank you, @Willd and @Screwauger for trying to encourage me to a cleaner smoke, but in all fairness, if following this advice messes with my flavor on my autos, I’m gonna want y’all to replace my smoke until the photos harvest. :face_with_monocle:

Lol…thank you, Brothers…

4 Likes

@Willd I wish I had your gardening instincts bro! Watching and trying to learn. Just bought a gallon of Cease to combat mold and powdery fungus. Thank you @Niala for sharing this. My vinegar solution last grow just seemed to barely make a dent.

Moving day. Perfect conditions to get all the chickadees out of the shady woodshed and into partial sun a few feet into the tree lines of my yard.

Gonna leave Pineapple Haze clone II (for @Screwauger) until she’s a tad bigger, but Pineapple Haze clone I is good to go.

Because I started the silica so late & didn’t use the big oscillating fan the entire time they were indoors they will initially need to be staked to prevent wind damage.
Updates to come.

7 Likes

Exciting stuff!!

Pineapple!!! I gotta get my butt in gear around here!!!

3 Likes

14 Likes

Looks ready to go. I hear there is some server thunder storms with hail rolling in for the afternoon. Check your area don’t want them getting hit with hail.

4 Likes

i wished my garden site looked like that!

3 Likes

Looking great buddy should be no time before your in the ground woohoo

2 Likes

thanks for the heads up man. Definitely looks like potential for that heading NorthEast

1 Like

No problem, would hate to see something happen.

I thought I would be spraying the stuff all over my garden plot but after reading the instructions it looks like I can wait right until transplanting time and just soak the hole & root ball at transplanting time, which just happens to be tomorrow.

That’s not to say I won’t be spraying it around the perimeter and some of the piles where I dump compost and areas where we threw some rotten buds last fall.
Vigilance is going to be the theme with regard to insects & disease prevention this grow.

11 Likes