DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

Thanks @BIGE and @dbrn32. Gotta get the big oscillating fan on a stand back in the mix to toughen up those stems now too! We experience strong (sometimes damaging) winds here all season long

5 Likes

Ho leeee mackerel Willd-Man those are getting tall and bushy. Good idea on the fan! I gotta look back and compare where you were last year!! Homework for later. @Willd

3 Likes

A little bit of silica will generally help stem strength too. Not sure you’d have to add it though, may already be in medium or whatever your feeding.

1 Like

Looks great my friend. Looking like they’re going to be monsters :+1:

1 Like

i met ho lee at the store just now and he was not aware of any mackerel around at the moment…lol

2 Likes

Spring better hurry up for you other wise you will be like jack and the bean stalk. Those bad larrys are going to be huge.

1 Like

Quite the forest you have there @Willd I will enjoy following along twice as much as last time!

2 Likes

Like a little sanctuary in the basement. I love it!

3 Likes

That purple haze leaf is huge!
Can;t wait to see them growing outside this summer

1 Like

Holy crap @Willd. Spectacular specimens!

You sir are officially rocking the house! I am looking forward to seeing these outside. I’ll bet you are too haha!

Opening it up to acclimate them to cooler temps outside the greenhouse and in the cellar. Gradually raising the skin from the bottom up.

11 Likes

Gifted GSC is coming along nicely.

15 Likes

They are going to go nuts when you get them planted in the ground :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Beginnings of Liberation!

Purple Haze got one node supercropped unintentionally during the scuffle & shuffle.

13 Likes

Amazing how draping the skin of the greenhouse over a stack of pallets really puts the size into perspective.
It seems huge in the cellar. Granted there’s about 6 inches play all the way around that stack but still.

11 Likes

How long before you can get them in the ground ? (plants)

1 Like

5 more weeks! The last average frost for our area ZONE 6A isn’t until May 12 or something. They don’t like the cool temps so much when they’ve young & tender.

Come fall though it will be another story. The cooler temps will mean the end of the lifecycle and abundant trichome production!
We’re putting some of our cool weather crops in this weekend, but it’s still a tad early for for most crops here in hardiness zone 6A.
Waiting on delivery of 200-250 onion plants and will drop some spinach and buttercrunch lettuce in the close garden next to the driveway this weekend. :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

We put out corn this year but too early; not going to amount to much. The lettuce all bolted and we have more started. Bush beans are getting picked now surprisingly. And our avocado trees look like they are going to put out some fruit this year! Finally!

4 Likes

PURPLE HAZE II
She’s only about 2 feet tall, but look at that leaf!

18 Likes