DownEast HIGHBUSH 2018

Not an official method or anything. I just would have topped them and fed more heavily and sooner had I’d known it was going to flower < a month after it sprouted. I grow photo strains for a reason. High yield. I’ll consider myself lucky if I manage to get an ounce or 2 from this sprite of a plant.

5 Likes

I have to get into my garden shed today to retrieve my nutrient measuring cup and dispenser so I can start feeding in these 3 gallon pots. The full dunk method I was using on the little 6 inch pots is out of the question.

6 Likes

So I go to my local Ocean State Job Lot for one of these nifty planters to propagate some clones and use to force flower on some cuttings from a couple of plants whose gender isn’t guaranteed to be fem. (I figure I can use a back plastic bag over it to achieve 12 hours darkness without disrupting the 20/4 light cycle in the greenhouse for everyone else)

Anyway, they had several. NONE HAD DOMES. They tell me they were “damaged in transport”. “Just don’t fill it as full & use Saran Wrap” Then they have the gall to sell them at full price.
We’re going to another one today near some of our other less frequent haunts so hopefully they have a complete one. Just dumb.

12 Likes

Some how I missed the start of your grow :confused: but now all caught up and can’t wait till May when you get them in the ground :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Willd everything looks great can’t wate to see them in the ground

3 Likes

Wow! Long catch up, but I made it.

Looking great, Brother! I need to go back over your other grows that were going on when my service took a dump.

Good to see your handiwork again…

5 Likes

Yes, that is condensation. It builds up between “fan on” cycles. I’m moving the flowering GSC auto out of there and putting her under her own light outside the tent on the cellar floor where it’s much drier. That will free up the space required for the tray with the humidity dome so I can clone Pineapple Haze and then force flower some cuttings from a couple other plants I started from seeds that aren’t guaranteed to be female.

6 Likes

How much is that thing? You can buy a couple of storage bins and use one for top. Heres my little hydroponic set up for lettuce. Bottom is 7 gallons i think. It was less than $15 for this set up.

5 Likes

I would love it, if I could get my tent to steam up like that @Willd

3 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t going to spend actual cash money on that garbage. I have a gift card and don’t actually need anything. We’re gonna use it for consumable cleaning supplies, which is all that store is good for anymore.
I am a Rhode Island native so I remember when this company started. It seems as though the further they expand their reach, the lower the quality standard of the products they sell.

I forgot I had a flimsy tall dome in my garden shed until the snow melted enough that I could get in there and take inventory.

16 Likes

Unfortunately, that is what is happening to TOO MANY companies now. Looking at profit and not quality of product. Maybe they will learn (doubt it) that the two are combined ! Quality products sell more.

You look you are having an awesome start. Can’t wait and see what kind of cannabis trees you are going to have once the weather allows. Keep up the good work. :us: :man_farmer:

Looks awesome. Once the girls are out of the cellar and in the ground I’m going to repurpose that 8x8 greenhouse and build out a more permanent veg room down cellar to try my hand at hydro lettuce and other greens from dec-feb before I start seedlings again in 2018. Due to MrsWillD’s relationship with a local farmer there are really only a few months a year in the dead of winter where we don’t have unlimited access to that stuff.

1 Like

I just got into hydro greens, tomatoes and beans. I’m trying dwc and kratky method. I have really been enjoying it. I think you will too.
I also got an ebb and flow system off ebay that I haven’t had a chance to play with yet.

I took a few minutes this morning to rotate these gorgeous chickadees since I’m only using one big light for the entire greenhouse instead of the three banks that were originally in there. I moved the shorter ones under the center for great exposure and moved the taller ones to the perimeter.

15 Likes

PURPLE HAZE I

8 Likes

GOLD LEAF

7 Likes

PINEAPPLE HAZE CLONES

8 Likes

PURPLE HAZE I LEAF

15 Likes

she is going to be a good one will!

4 Likes

They’re definitely going to be absolutel monsters outdoors!

4 Likes