Well a bit of time has passed since I started this topic(23 days). I’ve devoted much of that time(to much according to my wife) to learning as much as I can and collecting what I need before germinating a single seed. I have found that the huge amount of scientific knowledge required to successfully cultivate quality cannabis can seem overwhelming. Thankfully there is a vast amount of knowledge in places like ILGM with friendly helpful folks willing to lend that helping hand.
When I last post I was having very real concerns regarding environmental control and ventilation.
Our plan was for a tent grow in our garage which were are going forward with.
Over the course of the past 20 days I have been watching the temps and taking humidity reading on multiple devices.
What I have found is that our garage stay the same temp or lower than the rest of the home. A thick concrete wall on one side and a wall adjacent to a room thats always 70ish on the other. The garage door itself is also insulated. inside the garage I am Averaging 68-73F and 46-52 RH during the day. The hottest day so far was 98F with +70RH outside. In the garage it was 72F with a RH of 52. These reading are with just the house AC on and set to 70ish and a single fan on low blowing in the garage and Leaving the interior door to the garage open. If i open the exterior garage door however all that goes away in an instant and takes about an hour to come back to those levels.(worst case scenario). Something we wont do.
I still have RH concerns however. At night the RH outside gets into the 80s and creeps up near 60 in the garage with the door closed and no fan running. This leads me to believe that with lights and plants in a 4x8 grow tent during flower I would need to obviously keep the ac set at 70 and possibly run a dehumidifier. I plan on picking up a unit to dehumidify the downstairs area which which will most likely keep the grow area in check. Even if the dehumidifier raises the room temps by a few degrees which it shouldn’t with the air exchange being right there I will still be good. If any of this doesnt sound good please reply.
I have Picked up a FEW items for the grow since last post as well.
- opulent systems grow tent 96x48x80
- 8: KB-QB288 with Lm301B Diodes and CREE XP-E2 660nm reds. (my wife said my face looked like Clark Griswalds from Christmas vacation when I turned one on)
- 4: HLG-240H-48B Mean Well drivers with dimmers.
- 1: AC Infinity Cloudline T8 Exhaust fan
- 1: AC Infinity Cloudline T6 Intake fan
- 1: AC Infinity 8" carbon filter
- 1: iPower 6" carbon filter
- 1: Apera PH 60 ph tester. (comes in handy for wifes fish tank ) and a bottle of 3m KCL Solution.
- 1: HoneForest tds,ec, temp meter
- 1: Acurite RH temp gauge
- 1 each of general hydroponics PH UP and Down. 8oz
- 1: vivosun green led headlamp
- 1: 1A10BC fire extinguisher
- 1: Camco 400043 taste pure water filter(have a hose bib in the garage)
- 2: BN-link 7 day timers(dual outlet)
- 2: Vivosun 10x20.75 seedling heating mats
- 2: Vivosun digital heat mat temp controllers
- 1: Kuman KW48 electrical usage monitors
- 2: echo gear 12 outlet surge protectors
- 1: Delxo 10-Pack 5 Gallon Grow Bags
- 1: 20 pack of dual sided yellow stickies for bugs.
- 20 White Widow FEM (photo)
Picking up fox farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest tomorrow from the local shop.
I also have on my list.
Gro pro Nx Pot elevator
trays for water
extension cords of various gauge.
gorilla tape for the leaky ass tent.
Tons of other stuff that I will need.
I am undecided on my propagation medium however. Suggestion more than welcome.
As for power. I have two 15 amp circuits I can pull from and a 30 amp I can safely and discretely run a heavy gauge cord to that only has a garbage disposal on it.
I plan on mounting the drivers and controllers outside of the tent on a wall on some heavy wood or fire rock with the drivers slightly elevated with washers or grommets for air flow.
Were planning on between 6-10 plants as advised in the tent. we can have 12 but that seems like a huge handful for a first timer.
I feel as if I am getting close to being ready and feeling confident we can do this. I mean look at all this stuff. We are in it to win it at this point so no turning back.
Thanks for all your input. Any advice is greatly appreciated and welcome.