Dormant growth in Sunny Queensland

I’m having troubles growing white widow auto and purple haze fem slightly Inland central queensland (now september) germinated and put outdoors mid August and the nights have been cold, less than 12 degrees Celsius on average which seems to most of my problem I think, because they are just not growing beyond the 1st set of leaves.
It’s not likely to get much warmer over night here for some time and apparently frosts are an ongoing problem. So being that I’m a newbie to all this I have no idea if these strains are the best thing for me. I need a strain that is more tolerant to desert like climate I guess even though I’m not in the desert I’m certainly getting the similiar kind of weather to when I used to be in Alice Springs.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome I’m sure one of our growers from your area will chip in!
@anon49170411 @aussie123556

1 Like

That’s the kind of info I’ve been looking for. Thankyou very much.

1 Like

Good morning, thanks for the tag. I’m from nz and been battling the cold because I want to get started!!! I move my seedlings inside at night. My small plants I used to move inside at night but now leave them in my balcony and use a frost cover material/netting to cover them on cold nights. Mine didn’t seem to do much when I first transplanted them and put them out. They are in a sunny sheltered spot. If they are very small seedlings you could try a humidity dome on top, like a plastic bottle cut in half. Good luck :blush::sunflower:

1 Like

Ok yeah I’ve had them in a dome which didn’t seem to help much, some have poked their heads and others are still hiding… im hoping…and not dead. Ive just brought them inside at night in recent days hoping that I’ll salvage whats visable so I guess we’ll see in time.
I think i might invest in some northern lights too soon.
I mostly need strains for my pain relief, and something
that helps me with my sleep apnoea and doesn’t give me the munchies too much.

1 Like

Ahh ok cool thanks

1 Like

Hey Sambec, Was it easy to get your seeds, i reside in Queensland and have heard that it is hard too get them shipped into Queensland

@sambec

Nah very easy and quick. Seeds are already in Australia safe to pay via their bank account, just follow the instructions from ilgm.
Many Aussies and us Queenslanders buy from ilgm regularly with no probs at all.
Max wait time for mail to arrive from payments has never been more than 2 weeks