Doom's Terrible Twenty Two

Bob Marley’s favorite supposedly lol!

I think he needs try it @Covertgrower :+1:

2 Likes

I will definitely be posting a my thoughts after trying, possibly Sunday.
Thank you @dbrn32 @Covertgrower will check it out.

2 Likes

It’s Jamaican landrace. I’m not sure how old you are, but you’ll know it’s legit if it reminds you of good weed you got 20+ years ago. I wouldn’t expect it to knock you on your butt, but it should remind you of classic sativa buzz.

2 Likes

Yeah not looking to put my self in a nap status. I’m too busy for that lol. @dbrn32. I’m in my early 40’s so yes lol I should enjoy it by the sounds of it.

2 Likes

Oh ya, you’ll appreciate it!

2 Likes

@DoomSack another landrace I discovered is Malawi. African landrace. Extremely long flowering time of 120 days. I would grow it at least once. I found regular seeds out there. I think you’d enjoy the effects of that one as well.

1 Like

Good morning,

I’m just going the throw this out this morning. I’m feeling kind of talkative today. Must be all the sleep I got last night.

I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, and such. Some pain in various places. Also migraines are common for me.

I find that cannabis does something to counter it. It makes the alarm bells stop. Also depression seems to be pushed out or at the least, back to it’s dark, smelly pit where it resides.

With that, does anyone recommend a strain that helps you out if you suffer from depression or anxiety, migraines?

Yes I can just goto leafy and research, but I like to here from people experiences. I believe that people are all unique but also i believe there’s more than one solution and I’m open to branch out. Many on the forum I value your opinion and recommendations.

2 Likes

Morning @DoomSack
My experience was OG Kush and Girl Scout Cookies were the best for my migraines. This is what I have grown and tried. Both strains were extremely effective at melting them away, and prevention. Everyone is different, but as long as I consumed one-two times a week they stayed away. Sometimes it was a three times a week for as needed treatment.

I have since purchased many more strains to try in this strain hunt to find effective medicine, but both of those will have a designated grow spot I think.

Let me know if you want the list of other strains I purchased for migraines but haven’t tried yet are.

3 Likes

Thank you @Covertgrower I am adding them to my list of seeds try. I’ve heard good things about GSC from a city buddy that suffers from some of the same issues. Yes please share your soon to be tried strains. I’d greatly appreciate it, and if someone stumbles in here it could give them a direction to start. Thank you for sharing!

I can confirm for my personal choice again seems to consistently for anxiety is White Widow. Anxiety is just shut down.

Anytime @DoomSack migraines are unbearable and I would hate anyone to suffer like I did for some time with out a solution.
So my invested strains are as follows:
Afghan
Fire OG (same as OG Kush but genetically stronger)
Sour diesel
Trainwreck
White rhino
Maui Wowie
Jack Herer

1 Like

A lot of those strains I’ve researched as much as I can find about them so I know who the parents are and how much hybridization happened. Afghan was a common parent, so I picked that one up, as well as Haze for some of the sativa lines. I haven’t picked up the landrace strains for the parents of the sativa dominant lines yet. @DoomSack

1 Like

Yeah I’ve coped with them probably 30 years now. As I got older they became more lengthy but most are right behind the eyes. So light sensitivity is extreme. ugh. Just thinking about them might make one come up lol jk.

1 Like

@DoomSack I’ve only started suffering from them the past 7 years. They’ve been occurring and staying longer.
I have the light sensitivity as well, and got really dark sunglasses. The light feels like it’s burning like lasers into my brain. It hurts in the middle and back of my head, base of my skull, down my shoulders and halfway down my back.
It’s defin not fun. So I’m with you there.

2 Likes

Yeah I tend to aggravate the pain by clenching my jaw which adds more pain to my head lol. It’s just awful. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Both my Dad & brother suffered clusters and I use to have constant debilitating migraines so I really feel and empathize with you. I broke a capped molar from clenching :confounded: I have mentioned this before but since I started using Melatonin in conjunction with WW, my migraines have been minimized greatly. Since I’m a woman I was told for years that my migraines were hormonal and only men got cluster. BALONEY :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’m way past menopause, no hormones racing in my body!!! But I digress.
I believe high indica helps with my pain, anxiety, migraines, insomnia and keeps my patience level where I can maintain dealing with my hubby. I’m not sure if it’s helping with depression as much :thinking: So after I get to smoke some higher sativa I’ll let you know how that works for me.
One thing that did help my Dad as well as my brother was sometimes ice packs at the base of the neck. For me I found moist heat packs over my eyes helped. But nothing seemed to stop them and alcohol made them worse.

3 Likes

Yeah depends on the type sometimes I need heat sometimes just cold and dark. My mom used to put hot/warm tea bags under my eyes on my eye lids or warm wash cloth. Other times ice pack in various part of my head. They help a little but as soon as it’s cold or warmed up back to the same issue of pain.

3 Likes

Yes. You need a continuous supply of either hot or cold. I used to keep a stack of wet wash clothes in the freezer and a pot of simmering water to drop wash clothes in when we were having them. Sometimes Dad couldn’t take the weight of the ice pack but could handle the cold clothes better :+1:

3 Likes

Looks like tomorrow’s a weed road trip for me. Wish me luck.

3 Likes

I watered tonight just before dark. Barely fit watering the gals in today. I just had a busy day. Got the corn in the garden, cantaloupe, watermelon and two more mammoth jalapeños. I tilled the whole garden up after fighting with the tiller. It started to stall a few times and died. Turns in the throttle needed a bit of WD-40 and then it was off to the races. Watered it all too. I don’t till with my tractor yet, I use a walk along Troy bilt. You have to wrestle with it but it does the job. I think I had some old gas in it and had to let run all afternoon till it ran dry.
I’m heading out tomorrow like I’m going fishing, way before the crack of dawn.

4 Likes

Your energy amazes me - such a hard worker :+1:t3:

2 Likes