Doom's Terrible Twenty Two

Love the family portrait, keep up the good work!!

1 Like

Thank you @Mrcrabs I love seeing the girls outside. The weather here has really been cooperating. Low humidity is really helping keep things from getting out of hand.

2 Likes

Your girls continue to look great @DoomSack they love that sun.

1 Like

Thank you @Covertgrower glad you stopped in. Hope you are doing well this evening. Iā€™m just taking it easy at the moment. I definitely look forward to each day when Iā€™m in the middle of a grow. It could be a total crap day but knowing Iā€™ve got them growing puts a little bit of me at ease.

2 Likes

@DoomSack maybe this is the source of my anxiety, my tent is emptyā€¦ lol
I stop in often, I just am usually out of likes.

2 Likes

I find growing smoke to be very therapeutic for me. Even when I have plenty of smoke, thereā€™s nothing better than watching these girls grow.

6 Likes

@Covertgrower @FloridaSon
Yes for me itā€™s very therapeutic and very much like mediation.

Iā€™m out in the world. Iā€™m breathing fresh air. Warmed by the sun. Iā€™m getting a little heart rate increase and blood flow from hauling the water. Feeding life to a sea of green surrounded by nature, birds calling, rabbits hopping is almost like out of a childā€™s story book lol. I form a relationship with these gals. I love nurturing these plants.

This new 1/2 gallon water can works great. The process of watering is really zen. Itā€™s always been. The sound of dipping the watering can into the 5 gallons. The sound of drips and pouring out of the long spout into the pots is very surreal and calming. Similar to being near a waterfall or a gurgling brook. The white noise is soothing. I know, I guess I get way into it.

7 Likes

I think you described it well. I definitely go in that zone when Iā€™m in there. @DoomSack itā€™s very peaceful.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s peaceful out there. I take it back, the first year I was really anxious the first months of watering. I just knew I was going to get caught lol. I was a city kid and I had no idea what the hell was out in those woods lol.
Now that Iā€™ve scouted out around I know what I hear and can tell the difference between a human, dog, rabbit, bird, and snakes. I go back there alone so I can hear just about anything coming. Because of that Iā€™m not worried.

6 Likes

Good evening everyone,
Just finished watering and I just love these girls. I just carried 16 gallons of water back there, and now covered in sweat and a smile on my face.

They are just growing and growing. I love seeing leaves that are as big as my own hands, I love that. I was looking at a few and I really think somehow I managed to actually FIM correctly lol. Itā€™s still too early to tell, Iā€™m thinking maybe in another week or two Iā€™ll be able to confirm.

Some I think I see 4 distinct shoots coming out. That would be incredibly lucky and I might want to watch out when Iā€™m dancing around in joy, for I may crush the Northern Lights behind me lol.

As far as specifics, Iā€™m watering about 1/2 gallon to everything in 3 gallons. All of the Runts are in 3 gallons and will bump them up to 1 gallon once they get to growing and start to filling in. The girls in the 5 and 7 gallons are getting 1.5 gallons of water for now. They may get bumped to 2 gallons if they start reaching for the sky more.

Things are looking good. Bugs seem to be under control, no new damage on the leaves. May hit the girls with some more neem oil next week or if we get a heavy rain anytime soon.

Off to walk the pup before it gets too dark out. Hope everyone is doing well. Still no sign of weed in my future. But things can change. :v:

7 Likes

All out of likes @DoomSack I like this post, but I donā€™t like bugs. :wink: happy growing.

1 Like

Yup pretty much everyone is in agreement with that. @Covertgrower The mosquitos are just brutal this year so far. I killed one big one during watering lol

I look over on my shoulder I was just surprise to see one about the size of a dime. Most are so small. The first one I killed by being inhaling lol nearly choked lol hate when that happens lol. Both didnā€™t get a chance to get something warm to drink before meeting my hand the other drown on my sweat and spit lol Dang blood suckers.

1 Like

Mosquitoes are at least visible, in AK we have noseeumā€™s. You donā€™t even know they are there until they eat you. OUCH! @DoomSack

3 Likes

Wow those are small, 1/16ā€ is pretty small. Thatā€™s like a flying version of chiggers. Thatā€™s terrible lolol. Nature is so mean sometimes lol.

1 Like

I feel your pain @DoomSack, people just donā€™t know how hard it can be to carry 15 or 20 gallons of water out into the bush! But itā€™s worth every stepā€¦

2 Likes

Nothing a little bob Marley playing out of my pocket canā€™t make better. But yeah @Sittingbull64 itā€™s tough but rewarding . Today was 2 trips of 2x 4 gallons of water each. Itā€™s only carrying to the site, walking back is much easier lol.

2 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

Evening everyone,

Just a quick update. I got out a little late to check them, well not with my eyes, but a little dark for the camera to pick up some details.
The Strong

The Runts

No watering today or anything much going on but checking up on them this evening. Possibly watering tomorrow and then in a couple of days we will be feeding again.

2 Likes

Good news on the smoking front. Got in contact with my best bud and bam going to get some Lambs bread. Anyone try this strain? Leafy says is "spot on " for some of my issues.

5 Likes

@dbrn32 knows about lambs breadā€¦

1 Like