Blueberry B Day 20

3 Likes

Amnesia Haze A Day 21

3 Likes

AK47 A Day 31

AK47 B Day 31

4 Likes

NL is a favorite of mine @DoomSack
next time i drop some seeds gold leaf is going in the mix!

2 Likes

Starting digging holes already. I figure if I can drop a 5 gal bucket in the hole it should be good to go.

4 Likes

yea,by the time they fill that up,the roots should be able to plow though the rest!!

2 Likes

NL, GL and AK are just taking off @DoomSack

All looking like fair to good or great progress.

I have NL on my list of want to tryā€™s to. @BIGE I did try Willā€™s GL and I bought the half price pack of 5 GLā€™s however, it didnā€™t strike me as having an awesome taste or smell and that sort of put me off. By rights, I sampled it when it had not cured much so I am not going against the masses that say itā€™s great smoke. Mind your I had like ten samples and it just didnā€™t rate up there with bubble gum and pineapple in the taste catagory (which for me is ā€œhighā€ on the list). I do look forward to growing both the NL and GL someday (when I run out of BB and SSH and GG andā€¦

2 Likes

when you have like 12 strains to pick from who can choose? lol

2 Likes

@Screwauger I found the taste of NL really spectacular. Itā€™s aroma was minty. I swear it was like pop rocks to my nose. First couple of hits were just like a holiday drink. I found myself wanting to do all sorts of work. Iā€™ve grew early last summer it was good stuff.
Have not tried GL. I got some free seeds from my first order (i think) and they bombā€™d.

I think i made a lot of early newb mistakes with my first GLā€™s. Too much water in soil for starts. None ever come up back in 2015. It wasnā€™t until I started getting into this forum that I started reading about the legend of GL. Lol ok that maybe a little dramaticā€¦I just consistently heard good things. Eventually I had to seek out my own batch to try it, hence the growing it now.
The current GL gals are looking just fine and Iā€™m very pleased at the progress.

I agree @BIGE no wayā€¦thatā€™s too many strains for me in one sittingā€¦oh wait no I think I would want to at least attempt that many and see how it goes before I shoot down that experience. Iā€™m sure Iā€™d be super stoned for sure. lol

2 Likes

Excellent description of the NL taste and effects. Felt like I was reading James Lee Burke there for a minute. LOL

ā€œIn the alluvial sweep of the land, I thought I could see the past and the present and the future all at once, as though time were not sequential in nature but took place without a beginning or an end, like a flash of green light rippling outward from the center of creation, not unlike a dream inside the mind of God.ā€
ā€• James Lee Burke

I will def be trying NL sooner rather than later though not so sure how LARGE she gets.
I certainly believe GL was bred to be a relatively good grower/producer and I suspect I was being a bit harsh in my assessments the first time I toked it. Even the pile of BB on my tray tonight tastes different at different times. Sometimes very good, sometimes not as muchā€¦but that first toke/bong. Nothing like it.

Like I said @DoomSack I would be screwing up something and losing track of my record keeping. Here try this. What is it? Itā€™s Robert Bergmanā€™s stuff. Yeah, cool, what strain is it? Um all his stuff is awesome, yay Bergman. What is it man?? Look I donā€™t freaking know I dumped the whole tray when they were sprouts and I just repotted them. You got stoned, right dewd? Yeah. Good stfu and roll another Bergman.

Okay, Iā€™m wasted and maybe should read more.

Hahaha I have three packets of ā€œBag Seedā€ that I should just chuck. Iā€™m never giving them a spot in the tent and outdoor sucks until I move, which may be Never. I suspect it was good smoke or I wouldnā€™t have kept them butā€¦Carry On.

4 Likes

Thanks @Screwauger that makes my day. Sometimes it just flies out. Iā€™ll have to check out Burke. Yeah, itā€™s the creativity writing from high school resurfacing from the past. I used to write a lot. I dropped that after a so called prank from a classmate that ended up being published over my own writing. I of course never got the joke until it was published! I was fu**ing mortified and pretty much ruined my chances of riding on a scholarship. My pop has many times said keep writing. Iā€™ve always been too busy (so I say)

LOL you have some great stories yourself @Screwauger lol

Our first grow in 2015 I was really stoned and switch a few when I transplanted lol It wasnā€™t until the cure that we noticed!

1 Like

So I imagined a 5 gallon bucket in the ground and I started digging. I felt like it was deep enough and had to walk back and get a 5 gallon. Love when it just goes like this. Both holes are dug and 3 x 5 gallon buckets of mushroom dirt hauled and dumped into holes.

8 Likes

Hahaha, Thanks @DoomSack

On Burke. After my divorce, I was staying with my sister and BIL for a few months. I had not read a book for 20 years and my BIL gave me several books from Burke (The Dave Robicheaux Series). Iā€™ve ate them up like they were bong hits. I have every copy in hardcover and there must be 20 books by now.

He is an awesome writer and the series is right up my alley. Robicheaux is a sheriff in Louisiana and he and his buddy Clete kick a** and take names. Good stuff but mostly, it is Burkeā€™s descriptive style of writing that hooked me in. One more example:

ā€œDeath was a rodent that ate its way inch by inch through your entrails, chewed at your liver and stomach, severed tendon from organ, until finally, when you were along in the dark, it sat gorged and sleek next to your head, its eyes resting, its wet muzzle like a kiss, a promise whispered in your ear.ā€
ā€• James Lee Burke, The Neon Rain

Good progress on the holes and that looks like it will work well.

Have a great day.

4 Likes

@Screwauger Thatā€™s some good writing there! I can see that fat rat next to the severed head. Love being transported somewhere else temporarily. Ahhh bobā€™s morning hits have kicked inā€¦

I would say I need to check out a book storeā€¦but wait there are none around here. The old ways of doing thingsā€¦I havenā€™t switched to the digital age when it comes to books. I still need the smell of freshly opened pages and the feel of a book in my hand.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a bit cool this morning. I need to look at the weather and see if I want to send at least 2 of these runts out into the wild.

Here we go. Nature will take itā€™s course, time will tell the story. Iā€™m hoping for 2 large surprises. Sorry for the phone pics, i didnā€™t want to risk messing up the good camera.

White Widow C Day 26

White Widow F Day 25

On a side note 2 new WW seeds are in paper towels waiting for roots to pop.

5 Likes

Inside the tent on this glorious 4/20!

The Strong

I just scrolled up to 7 days ago inside the tent and these gals are really starting to go sky bound.

4 Likes

I was in a hurry and just grabbed a quote. Heā€™s just as good at describing the hyacinths around his bait store and the smell of the treeā€™s, the fish spawning, etc and describes such scenes putting me right there where I stop, read it again then imagine it. Powerful and I am not easy to impress when my hands or arms are going numb from holding a darn book.

I think this got discussed in this forum one other time but three movies have been made from his Robicheaux series with some decent stars.

1 Like

Sweet group shot and indeed they have progressed. I learned that in my last grow. We look at them and fuss at them so much, itā€™s hard to see the progress day to day with a live eye @DoomSack

A week seems like an eternity in Grower time and we are convinced they are not doing as well asā€¦ Such a good point. My colas changed so much in the last 2-3 weeks that it taught me a valuable lesson (that Bob31 tried to teach me, patience. Itā€™s not an eternity, itā€™s another WEEK). LOL but itā€™s so hard.

2 Likes