Doom's Terrible Twenty Two

it’s going to work out eventually @DoomSack

2 Likes

Great news @SmoknGranny Are you starting a journal? Sent me a tag if you do. If you haven’t tried, I think you will like it. I think just about every grow I have done included SSH. :grinning:

2 Likes

As soon as I can sit at the computer I will start a journal. I’m trying to hand write it off and on in preparation.
I’m still trying to figure out the lights :crazy_face: and can’t keep a constant humidity going. Heck, I’m still not sure about what affordable nutrients to use :thinking:

1 Like

Still chucking wood this morning.
gotwood_4_9_1

6 Likes

I used the fox farm trio. I have to have something really simple (mix and go) because it’s tough watering. Feeding is a whole other monster lol…
FF trio is not cheap but I buy in bulk to save some money and I just don’t like to order all the time, especially in the middle of the grow.

2 Likes

bonfire! lol

1 Like

I’m actually considering GH Flora Gro from something I read by Bob31 months ago. And somehow I lost that bookmark :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I’m also hesitant to use anything that requires constant flushing.
I can’t steal much more from my grocery budget. Sooner or later hubby is going to get tired of eating beans :joy:

3 Likes

Awesome pics @DoomSack just cool af

1 Like

I only have this trunk left to chomp. I only have a 16" saw so it takes some work. Cleaned up ground with a rake which I made a second pile sticks and just loads of pine needles. After my arms were just about ready to fall off I took a break. After break fired up the tractor and pushed the rest into the pile.

There’s a little scale here, a rake

@BIGE We are going to have some bonfires on tap lol. I’ll see if I can remember to take some pictures. Nothing like smoking under the stars with a giant fire :fire:.

8 Likes

Do you have a mechanical log splitter? That’s a lot of work ahead :blush:

3 Likes

I can’t wait till they get outside and into the sun. I may complain about the hauling of water, but walking into a sea of green is just magical.

5 Likes

I do. It’s a gas powered hydraulic piston driven splitter. I will probably be splitting once I set up some wood stands. I’m thinking of using some pressure treated timbers and cinder blocks. Something my wife is checking into on pinterest.

1 Like

@DoomSack

I can relate to the sea of green. Let me tell ya a little story.
Back in the nineties, my first ever attempt to grow was outdoors, behind a “good friend’s” house.
This friend and I were and are like brothers. We do not grow weed together anymore.
This first venture is what drove to indoor growing.
We planted two plots. Both about 20 plants.
It was quite a trek into the woods, crossing a couple streams on raccoon crap covered fallen logs.
We carried everything except water.
It was looking to be going very well and we had decided after things started to flower nicely, to give them a few weeks and give our trails a rest.
We went back out there a few weeks later and looked for quite some time for the second patch.
Baffled, we heard a noise and we went stealth to listen and realized while we were staying low; we were basically in the 2nd patch. The plants had gotten so huge, we didn’t recognize them, so to speak.
It was truly thrilling to see.
We continued to tend them for another month and a half and the day we went to harvest, Every Single Top Was Gone. There were &%#@ awesome colas and weight there, until there wasn’t.

We don’t discuss it. We never have. I’ve always assumed he took it and always assumed he thinks I took it. Only one of us put in a pool and bought a new truck that year, wasn’t me.

I knew better and learned the hard way, just like my Dad instilled in me was in my genetics.

He still grows in the same basic place and has since so come on, he’s never lost a crop again. It’s just a good thing we were neighbors/brothers growing up as I’ve been known to exact some costly revenge!!!

I still can see that patch of plants and the awestruck feeling of standing there, eyeballs spinning, calculators whirring and head full of endless doobies for one and all.

Now it’s a basement, a really good deadbolt and an always loaded 9mm.

8 Likes

@Screwauger That’s pretty much my nightmare everyday i go check the girls weeks before they are finished. I dream about watering and finding them during this part of the grow. Every morning and evening I walked up on them pretties pretty much dreading the sight. That story is a good lesson, sorry it happen to you. That totally is why I can’t trust many geez…
Luckily I haven’t experienced that yet but I’m waiting. No one knows in my town. I wish I could talk all about it openly with people but know it’s asking for trouble. That all fades away when I’m hauling those ladies back home to harvest too. Total relief after that.
I carry when I water. Always have short barrel Taurus PT111 9mm on my belt. I open carry on my land as well. The mail lady loves it. :joy:

3 Likes

We hauled 50# bags of manure and guano and soil and you name it, luckily we had water near by.
It’s always a risk, when we have discussed it it’s always accepted that someone saw us, watched and waited and pounced when they were at peak doneness. LMAO

Not.

It needed to happen and I went inside immediately and had my first 6 grows five of which were very successful. I learned a little most of which was, I could do it. Tadaaa, enter ILGM and this forum.

Even last summer, growing in my backyard (I live in the city, postage stamp backyard) I just felt like my plant was a neon sign to look harder, to look inside for the cured stuff. Made me age about three years in one summer. I’ve always wanted land, space and opportunity to grow outside but in reality, I may not get that chance. Legalization has made it doable, without flack from my non using GF or threat of incarceration, in the room next to this pc and that is simply sweet.

I envy you and @Willd and other OD growers but I will enter a smoke off with any one of you any given Saturday!!! Indoor vs outdoor j/k Buddy!! (no I’m not I will let one go 190 days and put everybody to sleep!!).

alright, I got into the green crack tonight and I have got to stop talking. Take good care out there!!!

6 Likes

Lol no worries, thanks for stopping by @Screwauger that green crack sounds great.

Yeah I remember last year and your neighbors ugh. It totally kills the freedom and zen when you have a yard where all 5 of your neighbors are basically up your butt and butting in on your business. I left the city for that very reason. I got tired of the pool parties (next door). And no one waves “howdy neighbor” in those neighborhoods. with the exception of middle fingers, blank stares, or the complete lack of attention to driving with their phones :joy: don’t miss it!

3 Likes

I grew up in a similar “neighborhood” with shouts of “what did the old man splurge for for dinner?” every time you lit the grill. That just lit me up when I was 15 and used to get into arguments with a sharp, mind you own #@!% business!

Then I found a nice country apartment and was quite satisfied.
Then I met my GF who had this house.
And, I’m back in the city.
We want to move but it’s going to be a while.
I live for today, not tomorrow so…away a grow!!
Plus I get to grow outdoors through you!
I am cleaning out LED’s tonight and readying my tent so chores await.
Urban life sucks big time but this place, affordable beyond belief so we get to save cash for something!
Later Brothah.

2 Likes

Ugh I light the grill 2-3 times a week…rude a$$ people. That’s one of those neighborhoods you need a 12 foot fence all the way around to block out any chance of stupidness.
I question how they managed to still have a face saying crap like that. I can’t figure out how someone like that hasn’t had their face punched in. I’ve been know to shift people dental work with my opposing hand :joy: but I want to change :joy: Somedays it’s easy, other days it’s like calming down a bull.

Braudah, that’s a huge compliment to me, i really appreciate it. (Puff puff pass)
I’m not the greatness by all means, but I think I’ve been fairly successful. I only wish I would have met my wife and found this place sooner. If I did I’d be running two grow journals lolol one indoor one outdoor.

3 Likes

Welp my internet has pooped the bed so until I get it up and running will have to wait on uploading photos. Quick news though, Bubblegum C’s roots came out and now in the dirt. If it gets out of its shell in the next couple of days we will be on target with 22 ladies active and alive! Woo.

5 Likes

When I was first married and we bought a house, first thing I did was isolate a section of the yard for private family fun without eyeballs. I’ve literally always had neighbor disputes, some minor some not so much. I one time slapped a 12g shell in my shotgun, sat on the edge of my kids sandbox so they could play on their fort thingy without concern that the neighbors abused pitbull would break it’s chain and eat them.

The neighbor started screaming he’s got a gun, he’s got a gun. They called the state troopers. State trooper just happened to be the canine officer who trained shepards. She ticketed the neighbor and educated me how to legally shoot the dog “if it was aggressing” which she said was my judgement, lol. Then she said, “if he has flowers in his mouth post mortem, your going to go to jail.”

Isn’t life grand!!

4 Likes