Doom's Laboratory Spring '17 highlights

I honestly think it’s the adding of Tiger bloom and big grow to my grow. Even the short ones had bulkier bud than past grows without.

@Countryboyjvd1971 I have 5 ladies 38 days old and about 5 inches tall, I’m thinking of having the outdoor scrog 3x5 bamboo sticks just to start small, simple, and stealth, but also manageable.

may make it smaller for stealth, haven’t really thought about changing the 3x3 much but can compromise sizing down.
Question,

What’s a typical, general starting point to applying a scrog structure regarding height and time frame for you?

Thinking about a maximum height of the wire fencing at low 16"- max height 28".

I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots that are 12 inches high so that leaves 16 inches of room from trunk to canopy. I really think it comes down to waiting for the plants to recover from toppings.
and all
I’m also feeding FF trio big grow to all after day 20, started slow with low doses and then gradually amped up nutes. So far no burn.

1 Like

I’m going to change out the bamboo with something more sturdy and durable, 3/4" pvc. I figure it’s just a matter of drilling a few holes to run zip ties thru to secure the hog wire for scrog.

5 sets of 4 pieces of pipe per scrog. I went ahead and spray painted it green.

2 Likes

Going to cook a 48 hour butter starting this evening in the crockpot. I’m going to try and decarb the trimmings and buds using a aluminum foil baking pan to see if I can up the potency.

1 Like

Here we go, scrog setup now just have to bring out two ladies out tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Northern lights 46 days old, one of the two going into the first two scrogs tomorrow.

1 Like

Nice scrog set up and planning. The girls look all ready to get in there!! Well soon!! I’m along for the journey!!

1 Like

Very exciting times. I guess I need to start some hand strength training for tucking in my future?

2 Likes

Northern lights and Super Silver Haze are on the scrog early this morning.

5 Likes

Lest we be reading about your carpal tunnel therapy needs…:rofl:

2 Likes

@Willd @Countryboyjvd1971 @FreakyDeekie @Fever @daz49 @ktreez420 @BIGE and others here’s how the first days have been going.
After tucking Northern Lights Day 49

Before

After tucking Super silver haze Day 49

Before tucking.

I may need a watering can with a long spout soon.

7 Likes

You have me thinking about trying this with next grow :thinking:

1 Like

Just keep doing that all the time at till hardening off and you’ll be fine my friend woohoo looking good
My indoor scrog just reached the screen also woohoo @DoomSack nice :+1: happy growing brother :v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Take a break little bit at a time don’t overdo it

2 Likes

Current plan is to continue to top and tuck. tuck and top some more. I figure eventually going to landslide and most of my post will be short(too tired to type with all the tucking).

I’m skipping days too, give it a day or two than observe. If I can top I top. If it seems to be too much pressure on the branches it may just take longer to tuck.

SSH 57 day old on the scrog

BB day 57 is looking pretty perky, it’s amazing that it went from such a rough start to having four colas now.

3 Likes

This is what I’m kicking around in my head lately. Decided to draw a very basic idea to visualize it. I want to grow 5 mother plants in scrog and get 10 clones off each.
Each clone would be in 3 gal. fabric pots and the mothers would be in 5 gal.

Idk might be too much lol dream big…

6 Likes

Good luck :+1:. I’m having enough problems with just two outside Widows and two clones!!! That’s enough work for me :blush:

1 Like

I think the most I’ve had going at the same time was 24 autos. Now I have 12 clones and 5 auto/fems.
I’m going to do the math. The water alone to get this to work would be hilarious to calculate.

3 Likes