Doom's Laboratory Spring '17 highlights

@Hogmaster @daz49 @Nug-bug @bob31 @BIGE

I ran a gallon of 7.5 ph water into each plant. With a tray underneath, I captured the “out” water. 45% of my girls are showing different ph out.

2 of 3 Amnesia Haze auto are showing 7.5 IN / 6.5 ph OUT
2 of 3 California Dream 7.5 ph IN / 6.5 ph OUT and 7.5 ph IN/ 8.0 ph OUT
1 of 2 clones is showing 7.5 ph IN/ 6.5 ph OUT

What’s the solution if they are different? Keep flushing until the ph in a out are parallel?

2 Likes

what kind of medium are you using? @DoomSack

@BIGE
Soil, MG moisture control potting mix

1 Like

mmmmm,miracle gro? i have not used it…most people here say’’ miracle no ‘’ lol
if it has time released fert’s in it,that might not be good…lets call in the crew. @Hogmaster @Majiktoker @Donaldj @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Mg you should be fine in veg or flower where it’s no good for the plants
I believe @Donaldj would have a better explanation
For you on that

2 Likes

Lol for a hydro guy I get tagged in lots of soil threads :wink: I don’t mind I actually grow in both soil and hydro the only issue with time release soils is the NPK will be suited to either flower or veg and lots of time release ferts are intended for house plants which don’t drink and eat as heavy as our ladies do and are far less ph fussy. Now reality states you can grow weed in anything growing it well is another story all together :slight_smile: You can deplete a time release soil but it takes time and a hungry plant after it’s depleted it would be fine for growing anything in

3 Likes

@Donaldj
I’m all about progress and getting better results. I get what you are saying, I need to research compatible soils best suited for better results or outright create a medium through combining worm castings and such. I definitely want to grow better and the natural progress is to upgrade my soil, either through building it from pieces or premix. Off to more to researching! Next grow will have better soil!

2 Likes

After a good 8 hours of sleep I’m ready for change. I’m only going to get better if I change. I must embrace change for the better of the grow.

So I spent some hours last night considering my options for next grow. New goals set. Soil has to change if I want better yield. nutrients are going to change, going to experiment with fox farms 3 pack of tiger bloom, grow big, and big bloom. Looking into Fox farms ocean if I can get it around here.

The next outdoor batch will be 3 different strains (in 7 gal or 5 gal containers)that are undecided at this point, as I need to compare data from each strain I have grown thus far. I’m going to get 3 good clones off of each for a total of 9 clones. The clones will be in 3 gallon final containers.

I’m going to start them in a tent with a 18/6 light cycle with 2x 450 LED.

Next grow I will be using a pvc and wire scrog contraption that I’m still working out the details. It needs to be portable and 3,5,7 gal cloth containers need to be able to fit inside.

1 Like

ugh this first half of the summer really sucks where I am at…This humidity is making it the perfect environment for bud rot. I’ve probably cut a jar full of dead bud so far off of a number of plants in the last two months. I may have to consider growing in the spring thru early summer and just not bother trying to fight with all this rain (oh and so many snakes this year…) It would not be an issue if they were all in veg, I’ve just timed it wrong and all my ladies are in flower and dense buds are just being wrecked by rain and humidity. I’m ready for them to be done so I can save whatever I can.

3 Likes

84 day old Amnesia Haze auto.

6 Likes

113 day old Sour d 42" tall.

3 Likes

113 day old (left) Sour d 42" plus tall. 43" tall 113 day old Cali Dream (right).

113 day old California dream from the top down.

4 Likes

Prepping the launch pad. Phase 4 begins…

8 Likes

Soaked 4 seeds last night (each a different strain) in bottled water with unknown ph. Moist Paper towel in the dark this evening and hopefully pop up around august 1st. This is going to be the last outdoor grow for the season. It’s late but the late summer heat hopefully will be good and keep the humidity down. I wasn’t planning on phase 4 but the plague of botryris (aka bud rot) is hacking away the yield.

Here’s the plan so far for Phase 4:

*Only using the sun this time outdoor and no LED. Probably 8-12 hours of light.

*Going to feed with FF trio possibly day 15-20. All
depending on how they take to topping and hog wire and sticks for moveable scrog experiment I’m trying to work up…
Much, much more to come

1 Like

100% germination this morning! All four have been put under domes until they pop up.

4 Likes

awesome @DoomSack

1 Like

So your chasing of numbers is purely for entertainment purposes

Nice brother very nice :+1:

1 Like

Well I’m always entertained by growing. Primarily I’m doing it to make up for my loss. I’m trying to get more with less seeds as well. Im not sure the 11 plants I’m currently growing will have enough yield to get me through the winter.

So you should focus your data gathering on yield maximization techniques