Doom's Laboratory Spring '17 highlights

does this fit the bill for you?

2 Likes

Hi @DoomSack , I can’t understand why your getting such a low yeild, your set up looks great and your starting plenty of plants off, my first grow was durban poison , I have her on here and I got around a pound wet and around 7 oz’s just over dry,I’m on 2nd grow now of gold leaf, here’s a few pictures but I know she’s suffering a little nutrients burn, but I’d
be disappointed with just 3 oz’s

I have a little clone of goldy to but I’m not very good at cloning yet

I’m having to tie up the heavy one’s so they don’t break, she looks like a puppet

3 Likes

perfect, adding it to my grocery list. Haven’t seen this one before, thank you for the support!

@daz49 Looking great, nice, that’s a ton of yeild! I’m not really sure why either.
I’m still in the process of comparing data for strains that work in my geographic area, but in addition there a number of things I’m not doing (yet) that could be upping the yield. I’m looking into more sunlight per day ( changing my grow area). Or maybe I’m not feeding them enough.

3 Likes

I would love to be in a position to grow outside but it ain’t happening anytime soon here so it’s all indoors for me, with my durban poison I had her in veg for an extra month due to lung surgery, also I have been told that auto’s don’t have as much yeild

1 Like

@Hogmaster @daz49 65 days from sprout. California Dream auto from phase 3. This looks like bud rot to me. Temps were in the mid 90F and humidity is less then 50%.

Also possible mites but I feel it’s too late to harvest to spray neem oil on them. Any thoughts?

Can you get a closer picture of it ? Can you cut it out and if look in to it

I’m under the impression it is and cut with minimal exposure to other leaves and branches about 2" off a side branch.

1 Like

@daz49 I finished reading your first journal, congrats on greatness for your first! hope you are in good spirits and health.

1 Like

Thanks my friend, I think I was lucky lol, I made sure I read and asked a lot, and still do, I’m really looking forward to my next one, don’t get me wrong I’m loving the experience and goldy is a great girl, but I think I’m convinced scrogging is the way to go

I have an ongoing experiment with a 130 day old sour d auto. We are calling it “the hilt”. originally it appeared to resemble a sword, but after harvesting the “blade” we’ve left the hilt alive in a effort to harvest it once it matures.

For sh*ts and giggles, after reading a few posts mentioning checking the ph in and out, I decided to perform this test on the hilt. I may have potentially stumbled on a significant problem that maybe causing some of the issues with yield. after watering I checked the water out and it was very acidic. Water going in was ph 6.5, ph out was 4. I haven’t tested the ph coming out of my other plants but now I’m curious…

@Hogmaster @daz49 @Nug-bug @bob31 @Willd

Here’s “the hilt”. It became really bushy after the first harvest, so I decided to prune back some of it. I’ve started to LST to help and pull the branchs away from the main stalk in an effort of letting the sun in to mature buds.

Has anyone just let an auto just keep growing until it reaches its “fixed auto flower” life span?

1 Like

I’ve only grown one and it went a moth longer than I expected. @DoomSack

1 Like

She’s at 45 days old from the initial harvest. Only 19 grams were harvested from the sword, I figure it’s worth the extra time to see if the sun can finish this out.

1 Like

What can it hurt? I’m with you!

1 Like

70 day old Amnesia Haze auto. 4 weeks of flowering. More rain is keeping humidity up and another bud found this evening as brown as a paper bag. I’m assuming it’s Bud rot? I removed it. this wasn’t here two days ago…It appeared and progressed very fast.

1 Like

that’s not good @DoomSack,i wonder what is causing it…

1 Like

weather I suppose. Spring was perfect, first phase was pretty dry and no issues. phase 2 is almost done, but this humidity maybe just making it the perfect environment for mold/fungi on dense buds. Had a close call with a blueberry a month ago. Ugh just worried about my two sour d’s and California dream getting it. They are 99 days old from sprout and been a long ride with them and ready for harvest in a month. I need to keep an eye on them.

1 Like

bringing a seed along that far,99 days it really hurts to lose a single leaf…lol i hate that for you,and i hope it is over…

2 Likes

alright, time to get off my butt and test all ph the In and Out for all of the phase 2 and 3. Will update soon.

1 Like

get r done @DoomSack…got to stay on top of things…lol