Don’t quite understand the looks and possibly symptoms being to cold?

Hello everyone, life has kept me busy right along with all the attention seekers that call themselves my girls and I’m wondering the looks of these and why there not full like before? The temps stay around 68-76 and give or take 8 degrees for light and I got the cool mist for average 55% rh? Please help with your appreciated opinions and helpful tips! Mike @Hellraiser @GreenSnek @Mr_Wormwood

1 Like

I also have each of these off the floor roughly an inch with insulation styrofoam sheets between bottom of medium and floor

1 Like

Welcome to the community. They look either very dry or over watered. Do you have drain pans under them an a way to keep them out of run off. I guess I should ask are you in soil?

4 Likes

Hello and thank you, yes I’ve thought of that and I may have the first couple Times but They looked healthy until yesterday And I waited till the bag was dry and put a meter down in there and it said low so that’s why I watered them about 1/4 gallon each

2 Likes

Are you getting any run off?

2 Likes

A little runoff And was hoping for the 20% rule and I water them with a 27 ounce mist/water bottle(vivosun) and use the Almost straight line water stream when giving it to them and this is how far I got them off the floor

Temp is 77 degrees and 45rh in 4x4 and 68 and 50rh in the 4x2 currently

If you would fill out this support ticket. It makes helping easy.

fill out a support ticket Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds

Indoor Or Outdoor

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The

Questions And Facts Will Help Us Help You. also a clear pic so we can see the problem areas.

1 Like

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco? Soil/coco mix with perlite, worm casting

System Type? 4x4 ac and 4x2 ac tents with 2-6” ac infinity hvac fans with automatic thermostat

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?ph average in water mix 5.8-6.1 with submersible heater

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? 300-400 ppm on nutrient day fox farm 3 and cal-mag, bergmans plant kit

Indoor Or Outdoor-indoor

Light System, Size? 4x4-mars hydro fc-e3000(300w) and mats hydro ts1000(150w) and in the 4x2-mars hydro tsw 2000(300w)

Temps; Day, Night-( day-75-79 night-61-68

Humidity; -rh 45-55% all day long

Ventilation System; Yes, AC infinity quiet T6 for the 4x4 and AC infinity S6 for 4x2

Humidifier, De-humidifier heat and ac and all Vented out the 12” shutter on far wall

Co2—-No
[/quote]

1 Like

As big as they are, from what I can see from the pictures, they look dry. How much water are you giving them?

4 Likes

Sorry for the late response, what I’ve been doing is splitting 1/2 gallon between the two so, 1/4gallon every 2 1/2-3 days

2 Likes

Hmm soil/coco mix that complicates matters what I’d do is switch to a 3or 4 day schedule 1/2 gallon each at 6.1-6.4. The soil may be both blocking airflow ( by being to saturated) and be buffering the ph to lockout levels ( less likely but it’s healthy to fluctuate ph slightly to hit all the weak spots on the chart)

5 Likes

I would agree that they seem dry. In mostly coco and perlite mixture I would be feeding mature plants to runoff daily.

8 Likes

Okay thank you @GreenSnek @dbrn32 @Flitme well the reasoning for that is after reading upon reading about coco being very different amongst several important factors including ph and nutrient intake on top of keeping the temp right on the water bc of this southern weather schedule, mainly because I tried this mix out not thinking or being knowledgeable the first time I grew and I had 4 sinsemilla about 5 yrs ago and they turned out exceptionally great. I did 2parts coco, 1part organic potting mix, perlite and worm castings; didn’t feed til 3rd set started growing. How bad is it and should I water and runoff every day as a normal cycle like you explained @GreenSnek there anything else I can do to make this better for the rest of the light cycle? Thanks so much guys

2 Likes

All ILGM seeds, 4 each of: Gorilla glue, Girl Scout cookies extreme, Bruce banner and white widow autos

1 Like

The mechanical properties of coco mixed with perlite go wet/dry pretty quickly. On top that, coco becomes hydrophobic and sheds nutrients when becoming completely dry. So is best not to allow it to dry out. When you start mixing other stuff in can get a little difficult to get exact read on because the additives can help or hinder depending on exact makeup and your perspective. A lot of people prefer coco and perlite blend because it allows them to feed at a very high frequency. If not prepared for that some could absolutely despise it. It’s definitely not a typical soil grow, and trying to treat as such could be stressful.

10 Likes

Great read… following… Coco sounds too complicated for my minimal needs.

4 Likes

Complicated is probably not most accurate. I don’t feel it’s complicated at all, but it can be time consuming.

Picture coco more as inert media that’s main purpose is to hold root mass and plant upright, everything else you must apply by hand or watering system. Coco itself will hold some water for a little bit, but less when cut with perlite. Since it depends on you to give everything, it behaves kinda like a hydroponic grow in that you’ll see issues quickly and you can usually fix them pretty quickly. As opposed to a soil grow you have typically had an issue in your soil for a while before you see it in your plants, and will also take you a while to fix an issue that reaches this point.

In short, as long as you have faith in your nutrient package and the time to feed daily growing in coco is easy money. If you don’t have that kind of time or aren’t really sure what you’re doing with nutrients, a more traditional organic soil grow is probably going to be more friendly.

12 Likes

That nailed it @dbrn32 and for some reason I have had a hard time in making the decisions when it comes to watering(that’s the only thing and it’s heavy). I see exactly the reasons you said especially the constant love you have to apply to their needs and routine is right up my alley. I did the 12 ww autos outside last summer and it’s of course different. So I can do the everyday watering/feeding schedule as long as I’m punctual and comfortable with ph balance and nutrient applications? Also, what do you think about irrigation watering? I have a 50 gallon Reservoir inside the room and a 200 W submersible heater? I would be comfortable with doing every day because I did every morning with the 12 outside in the runoff and everything and it was really Comfortable to me and could notice and pay attention more the irrigation system is a regular half inch quarter inch with 3 adjustable heads(Amazon 45 bucks) thank you

Also should I or can I do anything to the current soul in the fabric pots now or just stick to a strict routine like you just said?

6 Likes

If their autos, you’ll have to let it run its course and adjust watering/nutrients to maintain the PH range. As dbrn32 stated coco is light and airy and should be watered to run off at every feeding which is daily for me growing in coco :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes