Don’t know what’s going on here any help pleas

Iv noticed this on my plants and was looking for a diagnosis as it’s really puzzling me these are auto flowers black cheese still in veg growing in co co and feeding with full canner range on 3/4 strength ph 5.9/6.0 ppm 600 under 600w hps light cycle 17/7

Any help or advice would be amazing thanks :blush:

I can see you have excess nitrogen already, and some lock outs. Can fill this out so we can continue to help you in the best way possible? Necessary to know information.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll do this now thank you

2 Likes

I believe The canna line is designed to be used at full strength . They formulated the nutrients At doses specifically to compensate for coco’s need for extra calcium and mag . It’s possible you are having a lockout due to low calcium . If calcium is to low it affects phosphorus uptake also which would explain the purple stems. Also are you watering to run off and feeding every time you water?

2 Likes

What size containers are they in?
Looks like they may need a bigger home and that brings fresh soil too.
Please fill out the questionnaire and that will help us help you better.

Edit to add just re read your original post and your in coco so you’ll need to feed her as stated …I’m not a coco guy…
Best of luck

1 Like

So adding cal mag should sort the problem out would you suggest flushing them and iv not had a run off when watering as yet with these little ones next time I feed I’ll do a run off and see what numbers there is.

1 Like

Full strength nutes is a start. Use the support ticket @Covertgrower posted and fill it out best you can. That will help us get a better idea what’s going on.

2 Likes

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Cutting gave to me

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type? Coco coui

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? No run off as yet but will do next feed

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS. Ppm 600

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Indoors light system 600w hps size 3x3 grow space

Temps; Day, Night 22/17

Humidity; Day, Night 40/48

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
It’s in the loft so lots of fresh moving air

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
De humidifier and heater

Co2; Yes, No
Yes co2 bag

Light cycle 17/7

Also perlite in the coco coui

I would also water or feed until you get 20 to 25% runoff…this will help with salt build up in the coco.

3 Likes

Feed and water until you have 20% run off, and it should help with salt build up. Cal mag is necessary in coco.

3 Likes

I’ve never ran the Canna line but I would hope your base nutrients had ample amount of calcium and magnesium. If not, you could just up the amount of part a or part b to increase the dose. Hopefully he can do that without adding MORE nitrogen into the mix. I think if he went full strength across the board his leaf tips would be touching the main stalk lol

1 Like

@imSICKkid there is additional calcium added to the base ingredients. But I always keep some on hand.

2 Likes

Thank you all for getting back to me and for the advice so basically I’ll add cal mag to there feed next time I feed them witch will be Monday and feed until I get 20 run off and see what numbers come out the bottom ppm and ph wise and I think I’ll do a soil ph test to

I’m wondering if a flush would help as I have canna flush witch helps break down build up in the coco

I’ve filled in the info

1 Like

I’ve jist fed all three plants to runoff the large one I have that’s just in flower with bud sights showing b4 feed ppm1300 ph 6.30 after feed ppm 1300 ph6.3 iv added calmag to all the feeds

Small cutting 1 b4 feed ph 6.03 ppm600 after feeding ph5.60 ppm800

And it’s the same reading for the other cutting the same size I’ll up the ph for next feed 6.5ph
But inshore if I should flush them all so there not taking any feed iv ether got canna flush for build up or ph water flush or just feed them with ph water over the next week or so ? any advice would be great thanks @Skydiver @imSICKkid @Covertgrower @Watt-Sun @Hogmaster

Your in coco so you want your ph to be 5.8 that’s the sweet spot.
As far as flushing that’s the great thing about coco even completely saturated it retains enough oxygen to keep the plants happy even more so with perlite added. I’d flush with plain PH’d water to 5.8 until you get it down and then from there ph your feedings to 5.8 and water to runoff every time

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t use coco at 100% of medium in soil but do use roots organic ROD as my base which has coco in it. I do have a question for you.
Did you wash the coco in the beginning when you hydrated it from the the solid bricks they come in…if that’s what you bought…to flush out the possible salts from when it was collected / made?

Good luck

1 Like

I had pretty good luck with up to 6.0 ph. I didn’t let it get any higher than that.

1 Like