Dolomite lime Week 5 flower

Just starting week 5 of flower and was told I should start to cut out the the cal-mag soon.

I am showing a few leaf issues on some plants which all look like calcium and magnesium issues. maybe little phosphorus. I am watering at 6.5-6.7 and getting run off at 6-6.3 on all plants 5ml cal per gallon. 3ml this last watering… Using RO water.

I am wondering if I top dress with some dolomite lime with cal in it will that satisfy any calcium needs from the Ro water? May a slight increase in soil ph possibly help with any deficiency I am seeing?

this plant #3 has always had issues. She did bounce back a few weeks ago but then nose dived again. Last to sprout and smallest of the bunch.

And here are a couple leaves off the other plants that have a few leaves with issues. However as a whole the plants look pretty good.( i am told)

6 Likes

Demand for cal/mag later in the soil is important. I had 3ml a watering to mine once they are in a few weeks of flowering. It’s hard to overdo cal/mag. I don’t know that I’d add lime at this point. I only use to buffer pH and add it when I do my last transplant.

2 Likes

the reason I ask is @Hellraiser mentioned cutting out cal mag week 5 or 6 I think because of the added nitrogen. However using ro I need something to substitute it think.

1 Like

My thinking is that a little nitrogen supports the plant throughout the lifecycle. I usually ramp down N in week 5.

1 Like

Resurrecting this one. I’m having almost the exact same issues, also in week 5. Did you ever gain any insight into correcting these weird issues, @Jackie_Daytona?

I was about to solely add nitrogen to feeding, but it’s looking like that may not be a good idea.

What do people mean by buffer?

Components such as lime and gypsum are added to soil mixtures to help prevent pH from drifting out of the desired range. Cannabis soils are buffered to help maintain pH in the range 6.3 to 6.8. It doesn’t mean that pH cannot be forced out of range with a mineral salt buildup, but it does help minimize pH drift.

It’s part of the reason we discourage growers from using Miracle Grow and Vigoro soils, as they are not properly buffered for cannabis. There are other reasons (e.g. moisture retention and time-release nutrients) for not using these soils, but pH buffering is one of those reasons. These soils are good for other fruiting plants that prefer acidic soils such as tomatoes; however, cannabis needs a pH that is only slightly acidic.

1 Like

Hey bro quick question, I’m thinking I should provide my plants with some added microbes/top dress. I’m looking at getting Pride Lands Bloom to top dress my plants in flower, but am wondering, will I still need to give them added nutes/feedings during the week? Or will this burn them? The Pride Lands has more than just NPK, it has about 15 different things the plants can benefit from like added microbes/things to help amend my Happy Frog soil, so I figured it would be a good thing to get/add at this stage? What are your thoughts? The NPK ratio of the Pride Lands is 2-5.5-5.5

Also, if I use something like GAIA green, do I need to add kelp meal or earthworm castings to my top dress if the Happy Frog soil I’m using already comes with that stuff in it, and using this GAIA green will just amend/reactivate that stuff? Oh btw I think I’m considering using GAIA vs Pride Lands now