Doing this LST right?

This is my third white widow. I thought I’d do a half spiral to get 5 big (pretty) branches… she ain’t for yield. There is still some growing to do still and it is almost veg week 5. She is almost out of space in her 3 gal bag of amended soil and her sister is already in flower. She got a moderate defoil today. What would you do from here?

9 Likes

She looks great.

1 Like

Looking good growmie. Now you just got to keep an even canopy and let her grow.

3 Likes

That looks like a significant amount of bend without pinching or bending the stalk.

Good job.

1 Like

You asking or demonstrating? Sure looks nice. Keep posting, we are on our first grow, but always taking notes from all for the future.

Id flip those lights to flower and let her roll haha

1 Like

Thanks, guess I’m looking for affirmation, she’s my third plant and first LST. I’ll keep updating, I think I’ll move to flower in a week or two

2 Likes

Just reading @beardless and @Arrow journal, they are doing some serious training on some plants, i believe beardless just demonstrated doing 8 main colas, like yours, canopies look beuatiful after the finishing touches and a little growth.

2 Likes

Update on my LST, about 1 week into flower. @PurpNGold74 think I could have flipped her earlier :roll_eyes:

I lollipopped then supercropped to keep the canopy even. Will do a defoil after the stretch in a week or two

2 Likes

She looks good tho. Starting to harden off, so make sure u get ur last few days of lst in if needed

1 Like

Do you recommend any more training? I’ve got 2 more to flip into this 4x4. So I’m keeping her compact, otherwise I figure she’s good to stretch for a while?

Tent is getting full !

2 Likes

When do the LST tie downs come off?

2 Likes

@Edword02 you can leave them throughout the grow, or you can pull them when the stem looks a little hardened.

2 Likes

I don’t remove lst clips or untie mine unless I need it for another branch. I think of if as extra support

2 Likes

@DoneDeal @ChittyChittyBangin thanks kinda was having a brain fart there. I know in the past I’ve had the twine cut into the plant a little if there isn’t enough give.

1 Like

Outta likes Growmie :green_heart: … No worries anytime. I use old electrical wire because it doesn’t cut into the plant no matter how hard it pulls. I get it for free off construction sites :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::call_me_hand: I’m to cheap to buy the good stuff from a grow store :joy::joy::joy: I like $free.99.