Does this seem healthy still? I did a hydric stress

I read that if you withhold water for x amount of time, to the point where leaves wilt, is supposed to increase trichomes. I moved from one container with water to another empty for 5 hrs, saw slight wilting. That was about 4 days ago. Some leaves are appearing to show spots/damage. Is it a concern or meh? hydro, Northern L auto, ph 6.3, wk5 from seed, nutes at 900 ppm.

Doing that to increase trichomes doesn’t pass the logic test. Some stress will increase terpenes but a healthy plant will always outperform a plant deprived of what it needs.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I got the idea from here: https://journals.ashs.org/hortsci/view/journals/hortsci/54/5/article-p964.xml

They apparently showed results of withholding moisture to the plant. Give it a try and see if you like it.

1 Like

I don’t really have the time to sit down and go through an in depth study right now, but I would suspect that you are too early in grow to execute this properly.

2 Likes

You are barely in flower, too early to do anything like that you have 6-8 weeks left probably
If withholding water really helps with trichome development it would most likely be done in the last week or two. But there’s no way to prove that it works

2 Likes

@plumbdand ya I read that also… but don’t understand how anything *LST/HST" done in the final week could affect the bud, since its already grown. So, ya, thinking a 5 hr wilt in wk 5. I’m hoping it works…

@dbrn32 thanks, ya idk, maybe… time will tell, I’ll make a journal and log it

1 Like

Agree with above your a months away from harvest in pre flower, so as of now you have no tricomes, and by not watering or feeding you are starving your plant. All of your good hard work is for nothing. I like the approach of (don’t mean this in a bad way) KISS KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID lol, dose going 4-5 days without watering or feeding any living them make it better ? IDK ? Maybe last week or 2 I could see that but not when you plant is trying to makes flower, To produce trimcones, that will eventually start to produce THC,CBD and all the of fun canibiods, terpeans that will give a a high, with a good tasting flavor, best of luck, not trying to be mean or anything

1 Like

On the flip side planted doesn’t look that bad at all I see some cal-mag spots that’s an easy fix, what your ppm reading when you get run off, week 5 depending on soil your are using and nutes line you might in time for a good flush to reset everything, like above nest of luck and happy growing

2 Likes

@Kingkupa Thanks, I’m sure I’ll screw up here and there, lol, I’m pretty good at that! Its a learning experience

1 Like

Don’t feel bad these is a massive learning curve I’ll tag in my first grow journal, just skim it and you can see how many questions I ask, and still questions even today, so please don’t feel bad, There’s no such thing as a stupid question, you should feel worse by not asking. This is an amazing forum m, and it’s because of all the great people who honestly just want to help. Most of the moderators are volunteers, and personally for me I like helping others, and I get nothing out of it, just a sense of that I hopefully helped someone out, and in a world as Fu** up as we live in these days it bring me enjoyment to help out others, wish best of luck and happy growing

2 Likes

You would be amazed at what a marijuana plant can do in its last two weeks. When the plant is nearing its end it wants to reproduce and will do anything it can to do that. More bigger fatter buds more trichomes. If you leave them going long enough they can even go hermi sometimes and that can happen overnight, a couple or a bunch of male parts will pop up fully formed and do there deed before you know it.

1 Like

@plumbdand trial and error, maybe ill try wk 7 next time? thanks

1 Like