Does this look like a spider mite web?

So I’ve seen a couple of what might be tiny web strands on my plant lately. Granted it could be a cat hair but I don’t think so. What do you think? Thanks

is there more on other buds?

1 Like

Could be just a hair, any signs of pests?

1 Like

One tiny one flying by the lights. I’ve had a little trouble killing it. Sucker is fast :slight_smile:

It’s on one more. A single thread like this one.

the flying pest is it a gnat?

Looks like a gnat to me.

That’s not mites - they don’t run a single fiber, they wrap a whole leaf from the underside in like a sheet of webbing. I imagine each thread is tiny since they are.
That looks like a pet hair or clothing fiber or something along those lines.

Spider Mite infestation…

3 Likes

sounds like good news to me

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate the education.

2 Likes

I’m about to scope mine soon, probably see a ton of animal hair. another reason why I love this place, lots of experience of growers and examples to go off of.

3 Likes

I’ve fought them bastards before - you don’t forget! LOL!

It’s incredible how fast they work too. In literally a few hours they can wrap a whole bud. Problem is there’s so many of them by the time you see the webbing they’re already near epidemic levels.
They also adapt to a particular poison too I’ve read - and quickly!
It’s best to alternate sprays if you ever get to the point of battling them.

TBH, I don’t know if I’ve smoked any weed in the last 30 years without a cat hair or two in it! LOL!
The inspector has to come into the room whenever I’m doing anything with the plants! She’s good and doesn’t really do anything but lay there watch and shed! LOL!
I see a steady stream wafting towards the exhaust fan! LOL!

2 Likes

I hope i don’t get those pests lol. the inspector…cool name lol. I miss my cats, they disappeared but got 3 dogs and they shed but with my cats, I would pet them for a few and I would have hair all over my hands.

1 Like

I took it out of the tent and upstairs to get some pics. Probably got some hair on it then.
My concern was that I plan on drying it in the same tent and was worried about leaving it in there for over a week if the tent has spider mites.

2 Likes

Looking good!!
She’s gonna fatten up nicely!!
The purp is beautiful!

Good Work!

2 Likes

Thanks Photoperiod Bubblicious clone a friend gave me about 5 months ago.

1 Like

those are awesome, well-done

Thank you so much. I just wish I’d cloned this clone before she went into flower.

1 Like

She’s looking nice man… I battled mites last summer. I caught them early and just ended up dealing with them. I bought every combative they had and was just able to control them. Those things are like Panzer Tanks. Ended the grow with a product called Smite. Kinda pricey but it worked… On my third grow and looking forward to the flip in about two weeks. Hopefully I’ll be smoking on some pretty Easter egg buds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll add Smite to my grow log so I know what to use if I have problems in the future.

2 Likes