Does this look good?

Question from a fellow grower:

Seeds germinated in 2 days.
For the first few days, they were on a sunny windowsill, but the stems were growing too long so …
I transplanted them by planting them deeper to bury the stems (from your advice on website).

So, now they are outside, getting about 7 hours full sun and 13 hours of daylight.
They are 11 days old.
Temperatures here are about 18 C at night and 26 - 30 C+ daytime.

But the leaves don’t seem to be growing - no new leaf growth. I attached photos to see what you think.

I haven’t fertilized yet, and give them a small amount of water each evening. They are in a mix of seed raiser mix and potting mix, ph 7.

Does this look normal for their age and start in life?

1 Like

Them looks healthy but the stem is to long so you need to put something to sustain them (a stick will be a good Ideea)

3 Likes

Also, try to keep your soil pH at around 6.5. You can help those little girls by propping them up, as well as getting a nice, light steady breeze to blow over them for a few days (use a fan, if the air outside is too calm). Next time, before putting them outside, harden them off by making sure they have been toughened up by a fan.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice so far. One has died, and I transplanted the other to a better soil and compost medium. When I looked at the root growth, it had hardly any at all. And the germination plug was sodden. Fingers crossed.

Too much water! Your sprouts need a couple of teaspoons a day and would really benefit from a clear dome on top to increase RH. Soaked roots will rot. You HAVE to provide aerated damp soil or they will not do well.

4 Likes

The tops are still facing up towards light so they want to grow

5 Likes