Does size matters?

Hey guys, I’m going to attempt to grow a “regular” plant (I’ve only grown Auto’s) Chocoloupe And I guess it grows Big so what size of Smart pot should I use? I have 5 & 7 lbs. … I’m assuming I use the 7 because I use the 5 for my Auto’s. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!

1 Like

…7… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Use 10 mostly but have 7’s, 15’s,20 and 25 but all you have is 7’s go with it. :grimacing:

2 Likes

If your growing indoor 5-7 should be good. Outdoor grow, bigger is better :+1:

Bigger pots allow for a stronger root structure and will produce big strong :muscle: plants.

2 Likes

It does, but how you’re planning to grow is the most important thing to consider. Living soil without added nutes - you’ll need a big pot for big plants. Soil and added nutes - you can use a slightly smaller pot. Inert media with nutrients - you can go smaller still.

4 Likes

They are sized in gallons not pounds. The size of your pot should be a reflection of the space you have to grow your plant! If you were growing outdoors and needed to move your plant that could be a factor unless you made a dolly cart to move it. If you are growing outdoors and have no requirement to move the pkant then make a mound or dig a hole and put you medium in the hole or make a mound out if it. Size does matter when it comes to roots, and the bigger the roots the more access to nutrients and water. This means you need a lot of space for a large plant.

6 Likes

Mendo dope boyz plants :thinking: I’m phasing out 7gal. Only a few left,Had to many root bound plants.

About the size of my apple trees :rofl::joy: Need 20 that size I’d be good…

1 Like

Very nice @Cannabian, must have been quite a yield.

2 Likes

Heres mine this year

4 Likes

6 Likes

Got the space but Law states can’t be seen from the public and gate has to have a :closed_lock_with_key:… Wished I could get away with that. In the country corn and bean fields all around my property but cars do drive down the road only take one fruity person to drive by and call on me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: But bad ass Cannabian! Sho iz…

2 Likes

If you are using soil I would favor the 7 gallon. They don’t have to be tall either to yield well. If you are indoor look into Promix HP or coco and Jack’s for a supplement. This will likely give you best growth/time and help with yields.

Here’s a 7 gallon done in Promix with General Hydroponics nutes: 5 1/2 month plant.

Outside for photos at harvest. Yield was 14 oz of flower plus trim. Plant was a regular female and the strain is Game Changer. Overall plant height in SCROG was 30" from the ground.

8 Likes

Well done @Myfriendis410 beautiful plant :+1:

1 Like

Get a lock and a gate lol build the wall!

3 Likes

:thinking::rofl::rofl::rofl: hm

Wall couldn’t be over 6’ to many rules u dig :man_shrugging:
Damn lol

1 Like

Wow!!! Awesome how much did you get in harvest?

3 Likes

Just over 6 pounds dry so far the sativa is still plugging along

1 Like

Average bud size
Not bad for outdoor landrace!

4 Likes