Does Size matter?

Wondering if a 36x20x62 grow tent is rather small and how many plants would all my fellow growers put in a tent this size? @Mrcrabs @LAnewgrower @Stickyickyick @garrigan62 @Davyg @Liljoe

1 Like

There are various things that play into the grow space.
I have a 3x3 tent that is currently filled by one huge Northern Lights autoflower.
I have had 4 compact autos in it at one time as well.
My best guess is one or two average autos or one well trained photo period.

2 Likes

I’m looking for one as we speak. Just for veg for me though as I have a 8x4x6 as my main grow space. I would agree with @Spiney_norman on the auto/photo arrangement.

1 Like

@Spiney_norman I plan to cycle the whole plant in thus tent.

@Spiney_norman, Sounds right to me, I am growing in a small closet right now and 5 autos are 1 too many. About 2.5 feet wide and 4 foot long with a sloped ceiling. Doing all I can do to decrease height. They do look good though.

1 Like

@Davyg is that in feet? If so thats a huge grow tent.

1 Like

@LAnewgrower would you mind sharing some pics with us if you dont mind me asking

Yep that’s feet. Its badged as 2.4m x 1.2m x 1.8m. I love it :heart_eyes:

Damn @Davyg that’s huge

1 Like

With some experience you will produce just as much with one well grown plant as two in that same space.

1 Like

She’s starting to fill out just now. I’m using one side at the moment with a mix of clones, autos and photos in there. Hence why I’m looking for a smaller veg tent. I have another 3 autos that are proving a pain to germinate and I’ve just dropped another 5 beans tonight. Going to be a busy space shortly :sunglasses:

You really think so @Spiney_norman

1 Like

@Davyg I wish I had that much space to grow that many plants at once.

1 Like

Space is not a problem here, smell can be though :see_no_evil::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Do cannabis plants only begin to smell during flowering due to the terpenes? @Davyg

1 Like

You will love this forum. People here are so knowledgeable and on the ball. It’s a great place to grow and learn :sunglasses:

This is an awful photo…but it shows how one plant can take over the whole space.
Thats a northern lights autoflower. They dont normally get that big but this one just keeps growing.
Its finally starting to finish up buts its been a struggle.
Up in front are a couple other autos that I kept very small by keeping them closer to the lights than they should have been. Problem was I expected the Northern lights to be done…but its going on 5 months now.

1 Like

I already love it @Davyg people here are true helpful and super knowledgeable and always willing to share there experience.

1 Like

Yep, you will notice it as you get closer. It’s one of the pointers I use and I pay more attention as she starts to transition from veg to flower. You will notice the smell slowly getting stronger as the flower cycle starts to get properly underway. That’s when my carbon filters get brought online. Up to then I just use my fans on their own

@Spiney_norman wow that is huge but really 5 months. I’m still blown away a how big it is. Looks super tasty wish there was a scratch and sniff on here

1 Like