Does she look hungry?

Ive heard alot about jacks 321, i will likely try to find it for future grows, sadly its almost impossible for me to find anything for this hobby where i live… so amazon is my best friend right now, i know i can find jacks on there, just want to make sure im getting the right things

5 Likes

Part A and Part B and a smaller bag of Epsom salt. Thats the mix the 2.2lb bags will grow alot of plants.

5 Likes

Check out this website. I bought the large bags of Jacks and paid like 130 bucks for the part a and part b with free shipping. After I had done the math I found those two 25 pound bags would make about 3,000 gallons of the solution.
For 130 bucks and better results (FOR ME ANYWAY) than Fox Farm trio.

Mods please let me know if this link is okay.
If not will delete.

SHOCK

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but yes, those plants look like they are short on nitrogen as well.

3 Likes

@shock dog, @TLC @2GreenThumbs i got her PPM to 1014, it is not down at the moment to 944, i will watch her and monitor the ppm and add as needed, im not expecting ill have to lower the ppm at all but if need be i will. Fox farm feeding schedule recommends 2100-2300 ppm but going that high makes me nervous! im sure Ill slowly make my way atleast close to that number though.

1 Like

Feel free to follow my grow as i make my way through flower coming up shortly! I will most definitely be checking in often posting pictures and asking for extra help, i can definitely use all the help i can get over the next 11 or so weeks, come talk, have conversations, pop in periotically with a tip or helpful advice or just sit back and watch the grow if youd like! Id be happy to have you there for whatever reason! Just wanted to show off my first grow! Tips, tricks, comments?

1 Like

I use the entire FF line from this schedule:

And I always feed at full strength. But since I use FFHF for younger plants, and FFOF for bigger plants, I don’t begin feeding until 3 full weeks after transplant into either. I have never burned a plant with FF at full strength this way, and it works great.

4 Likes

Here is one more question, alot of my stems have this purple coloration, im getting different answers as to what it could be, is this a deficiency, genes or stress? They are purple lines on the stems mainly looking like its coming from the double main stock node, im not very worried about it one way or another as if its a deficiency i should have that taken care of now :crossed_fingers: if its genes, that makes me excited lol

1 Like

There fine no worries all my plants do that including the stem before it gets stiff.

2 Likes

Cool! I wasnt too worried, just found this more interesting lol

Are you using cal mag?

@Bluntsmoke i am, yes, ive been having a calcium, and magnesium issues, so i just upped the calmag last night along with all other nutes

1 Like

Remember this is at the 700 scale. That 2100 is really 1500 at 500 scale. I was a ff guy for quite a while, but jacks is easier and better imo. Any method done correct will grow fire tho. Best of luck

1 Like

Can you give a quick explanation as to what that means? Ive never heard of that before, i saw it says PPM (700 scale) on the feeding schedule but never thought anything of it

Maybe this will help. You basically read the solution’s conductivity in EC, and use a multiplier to determine the PPM.

2 Likes

I think that actually helped alot. It looks like my meter runs on the 500 scale?currently getting readings of 1093 PPM and 2325 EC

@Sweenzzzz i ran in to the same issue with the fox farm schedule. I had a 500 scale pen and the numbers just never made sense. Finally got a Truncheon from Bluelab that displays 5 and 700. Also it looked like youre growing hydro. If so that is the wrong feeding schedule.

Hope this helps

1 Like

@newt this helps alot! Only this is different for me is I use the hydro feeding schedule, I am looking to buy a gallon of each asap, I am running low on on the big bloom fast!! I started out getting the FF dirty dozen bundle, And it seems like everything will last some time except that big bloom!

1 Like

I buy the trio in gallons, and the others in quarts. But they all end up empty at different times anyway. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Yes i am growing hydro, and i do use the hydro feeding schedule, i NEED to upgrade my PH and TDS meters, i like my TDS meter for the most part but could use a higher quailty one, my ph meter on the other hand could 100% be better, i really wanna get a PH controller with a pump to automatically PH my water to 5.8 as needed because my PH fluctuates so bad that i adjust it in the morning to 5.8 and by 3pm its back up to 6.3, but at the same time i feel as though that would leave too much room for random error for me to be comfortable, but ive been looking into this, been thinking about getting it and testing it in an empty reservoir (only water no plant) for like a month before i even think about trusting it with an actual plant reservoir