Does PPM naturally go down when using just water?

10 Gallon Pot
4 by 4 Tent
Fox Farm Nutes
Stakes Spreading out the plant

I usually move my pots to the bathtub where I flush them every few weeks with distilled water.

How is one supposed to flush a 10 gallon pot full of water when it’s in a scrog net or otherwise unable to move from the tent? As you can see the saucer its in is not that big to allow for 20% runoff to occur.

And yes I’m using non organic fertilizer which means that I will need to flush eventually.

I never did this in the past oh, I would just let the excess water soak back up into the plant.

Will the plant eventually use all those nutrients and not have a salt buildup or is the salt going to build up regardless?

Look into a hot water heater drain pan. You can buy some pvc pipe and make a spout for the water to go into a bigger container like a tub or something. And you can prop up the drain tray up off the ground however tall you need in order to do it since your gonna be scrogging the plant.

4 Likes

I bought this pan at Home Depot for around $20.00 it’s 30" x30" & about 3" deep.

1 Like

This was my solution:

The pans under the plants are raised in the rear so the water would drain to the front which I then syphoned the water out with a battery operated hand held pump.

Worked out great with my scrog.

:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

6 Likes

I would have thought you would use a turkey baster.
The pumps work great

Rack on 2x4s over a 24x18 dura-tray

The soil’s ppm will decrease as the plant uses the nutrients or when it is flushed through (runoff). The runoff should be removed.

2 Likes

Hey that’s sweet looking. Good job! :+1:t2: That’s basically what I had. Maybe shaped a little different. Kinda like:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08H2396MZ/ref=sspa_mw_detail_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thanks for the link. And thats a really good idea. I’m thinking what I have in storage that I can use. My second to last row I would never flush periodically. Only at the end pre-harvest and never had any problems.

I would always just let the plant suck back up the runoff water and like I said never had a problem. Did I just get lucky? Or do you think the plant was actually using those extra nutrients?

1 Like

The plant will use the nutrients up, that’s how your soil gets depleted. Be careful leaving them with wet feet though they don’t like it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Problem solved. Saucer Riser, Turkey Baster… Thanks

1 Like

@Davyg can you expand on that?

Are you reffering to letting the plant to suck up the nutes?

Saucer Riser, Turkey Baster… Got it thank you.

That scrog looks nice btw

If my PPM ate too high I just keep adding water and they will slowly start to drop and you plant uses up the nutrition that’s in the soil. Providing your pH is good she will use everything that is of use to her