Does overdrying bud cause a permanent quality loss?

I understand that drying the bud to quickly can lock in chloroform and effect taste, but I was just wondering If you all think that overdrying cause any quality loss? I ask because once again I have a few ounces i didnt get trimmed and jarred timely. i plan to rehydrate them some during curing but not sure if quality will be effected or how. Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry, IDK. Never had any get past a day of drying and consumming. Now I got an inventory for learning and experimenting. Recommend researching Keife mining/harvesting. Leaves not required other than contributing conduit for keife. keife smoking is awseomely adictive, clean, and long burning in DART 1-hitter, 5 hits on one load, possible. relights re-burns well.

1 Like

I’m sure there will be some quality lost there. How much no one will know :joy:.
But doesn’t mean your stash is a waste.
I would trim it up put it in a mason jar and add a hygrometer in there and see where your humidity is at.
Once you established that I would add a ziplock bag with a moist paper towel in the bag and put it in the mason jar with the wet paper towel in the zip lock bag
Leave the bag open and place it in the jar until your humidity raise’s up to desired humidity then remove bag and keep curing.
If one folded paper towel is not raising the humidity then add another and so on.
Good luck and happy growing

2 Likes

My experience has just been smoke that burns like crap and may be harsh but not always but other then it can crumbles to dust the buzz seems to still be there so if theres a lose its not much in way of potency i don’t believe

2 Likes

I like it as long as it’s overdried by time, not because of heat. No scissors required

1 Like

There was a time, sifting the vaccum cleaner bag yielded something we tried to smoke.

Finished trimming it up tonight and it had actually came back in case. was very happy with it. I will admit that it is easier to trim when it is dry, but I also worry that I am knocking off more of the keife.

2 Likes

What happened during the vaccum cleaner bag time, stays with the vacuum cleaner bag time. :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Agreed, also, I use fresh (still too moist bud), to add moisture slowly to jars if too low moisture observed.

1 Like