Does it look like bud rot?

i posted previously trying to see if my plants were ready to harvest and someone said it looks like i have bud rot. when i read about it is said to look for a webby like substance around the trichomes but now i’m worried i don’t know what to look for. any help is much appreciated.

2 Likes

Nothing is jumping out that i can see. let tag some other growers @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @kellydans @zee @BobbyDigital can you gentlemen see any thing.

4 Likes

They look more like they were out in a freeze but even if it was it doesn’t look bad. Is it crunchy dry?

1 Like

i feel like it’s mostly the leaves that feel crunchy but in some areas it does feel more crunchy that it should. should i cut them out?

1 Like

To be sure you can cut into a spot that looks to be the worst and look for worms and see if it smells different

4 Likes

Gotta crack one open and see how it looks inside…you’ll know immediately if its bud rot

7 Likes

Welcome thanks for the tag ! The second picture about halfway down the bud looks a little suspicious. As @thedeernad mentioned start by breaking a bud down look on the inside. Plant looks to be ready to harvest. If you do find bud rot mold I would remove affected areas and definitely do a bud wash.

6 Likes

How they smelling, budrot has a smell, and it doesn’t smell like dank weed.

3 Likes

@zee @thedeernad @kellydans i’m gonna spam you guys with a bunch of pictures of the insides of the nugs. i don’t really know what i should be looking for besides webbiness. they smell dank though nothing seems off about that. should we cut out the brown?

2 Likes

Nothing jumps out as mushy or webby looking, when you see it you just know, it’s got more of a grey hue to it

2 Likes

could it possible be heat stress too? my boyfriend did lower the light a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

I don’t think so it still looks like it froze did it? It could just be off color which is not bad. The best test would probably be how does it smell like weed? Or like something out of your kitchen cabinet

1 Like

i would pull all of those dying off and dead leaves out of there for better air circulation and a better view of that your working with…

1 Like

no it’s an indoor grow and if anything the temp gets too high so it definitely didn’t freeze. we’re gonna cut the dead leaves off tomorrow and flush. i’ll send some more pic then

1 Like

The plant is definitely finished I would go ahead and harvest. Shoot for a slow dry 8 to 10 days, in a dark place 67 to 70 degrees would be good .after drying I would take the larger buds break them down into smaller nugs and look for any smokey grayish matter being mold. You may not find nothing . good luck

7 Likes

I completely agree with Kellydans, time to harvest her. I didn’t see anything that looked like bud rot. you won’t know till you break her big colas down

6 Likes

Can you describe this smell to us please sir?

1 Like

Looks heat related and it went a little longer than usual before harvest. Ive had it happen. It will still smoke though. Look at the trics. Probably alot of amber.

3 Likes

I was thinking like frostbite or freezer burn from being outside in a freeze but yeah bad light burn could be it I’ll bet if you look at the trichomes the ones up top will be nearly all dark almost look a little burnt and towards the bottom it won’t be as bad. It should be good to smoke after you dry and cure it but the THC levels will be lower and CBN will be high meaning you better be close to the fridge and then the couch.

Have you looked at the trichomes? I don’t think there’s a need to continue trying to get more out of it, I think it’s done. If the trichomes are dark already you will lose more quality by not harvesting it. I would look at them and evaluate each branch separately because if one is done and another is not you can cut only the ones ready. By looking at it I don’t think that’s the case though. I’ll bet it is done

1 Like

it smells dank lmao especially in the middle of the plant it’s still strong

1 Like