Does Gold Leaf easily produce feminized pollen?

This is a strain related question about ILGM Gold Leaf and using it to feminize other females. Does it produce a usable and collectable amount of feminized pollen when exposed to colloidal silver, or is there a recommended method for producing pollen sacs that is better. I have had some strains that give nice sized pollen sacs and usable pollen, while others have just been ‘nanners’ and can not be saved for later grow.

2 Likes

Do any of you have any experience with femininizing this strain or recommendation of its viability? @Myfriendis410, @Killadruid, @Hogmaster, @ILGM.Roy, @imSICKkid , @dbrn32, @HornHead lease add anyone who may have experience with producing feminized pollen for seed production.

2 Likes

@Verndoc I think breeds

That breeds but I have not tried it yet

1 Like

Sorry can’t help. I’m not really into breeding, and would likely just do it with regular male and female plants if I was to try.

2 Likes

You would be better off finding a mother plant and puke out clones for the next 20 years haha. The further down the genetic chain (breeding back) the more twitchy they’re gonna get. Gold Leaf is such a monster that would lend itself to cloning. Great cultivar: almost a White Widow.

2 Likes

I do not breed…plants - let’s be clear here :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry. Thought you did. Hard to remember everyone and everything about them

I usually like to produce a few grams of feminized pollen with each introduction of a new hybrid, so that I can store and use it down the road if I have traits in another female that I like and want to pass along. I breed the phenotypes that do well indoors under my conditions, and possess desired characteristics (THC%, CBD%, terpenes, height, yield, flower density, stress tolerance, etc.)

2 Likes

I haven’t tried to gather pollen from a Gold Leaf but have grown quite a few plants of that strain. It’s an incredibly vigorous plant for a feminized hybrid and heavy yields with high THC levels. It’s a good choice if you want pollen.

I was lookin through my older pics and found an example of Feminized WW the I did a wile back using Colloidal Silver. She produced 500+ seeds on her own, and gave plenty of pollen that I’ve used to make at least 20 different strain combinations each with about 50 viable seeds from each combo. @Myfriendis410, @HornHead, @AAA, @MrPeat, @kellydans, @TDubWilly, @Haildamaged

5 Likes

I tried colloidal on an outdoor skunk plant for almost a month and she wud not turn!

Nice wor.

Thanks for the tag, you should be set for a long time with seed. Sounds very interesting.

I would always recommend that a grower actually produce some seeds using both Male and feminized pollen just to keep extra seeds on hand for a rainy day. I select short stocky males that are fast producing pollen, and females that have characteristics that I want to pass along traits to.

1 Like

I’ve yet to find that one magical strain that I would t mind growing as my only strain. If I ever do, things may change. I already have over 400 seeds and well over 100 different strains.

Sounds like you’re on top of your game and also enjoying what you’re doing. when I get to that point you’re going to be the person I tag @Stonedrus thanks