Does flowering begin when the first pistols show, pre flowering, or when the first flowers appear?

When determining how long a plant has been flowering is day 1 when preflowers appeared or the day that the actual flowers appeared?

1 Like

I count, if you really call it counting, when you see what someone calls budlets

3 Likes

Never really mattered until I started growing autos. I’m afraid some might not want to finish so I need to know how long they have been flowering.

Flowering starts when pistols show on the branches.
As with regular photos…the trichome development is the deciding factor to harvest.

1 Like

With “Autos”, as in any flowering Cannabis; You harvest by the % of amber trichomes according to your taste. You do not have a specific time or length of flower. A plant is finished when you find the trichomes (clear, cloudy, amber % to your liking). :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I guess I agree as they have only been flowering for 5-6 weeks and I’m looking at trichomes when everything says 8 weeks of flowering is needed. I just always waited on the buds to swell and the leaves to change colors but I’m old school so what do I know

3 Likes

I appreciate your help by answering my question. Yalls genetics are top shelf. I’m growing for my mom who is sick from radiation and chemotherapy. I’m hoping to get some medicine to her soon. Thank y’all for everything :+1:

7 Likes

She’s going to push out some weight if she’s only 6 weeks in. That swell is going to be something else

1 Like

Yep just at 6 weeks. Preflowers showed on 6/3 and flowering flowers were act

Actually kicking around 6/10 or 6/12

I too was confused about this subject because like everything, different people do it different ways. In the end, I decided it really doesn’t matter all that much, as it’s for your reference. I’ve never done autos, so I count from light flip. You could go with either method and check trichomes. The flowering guide listed is an approximate time. Just when it starts looking like it’s about time, keep a good check on trichomes. The more amber, the more couch lock

4 Likes

I concur wholeheartedly. I like guides and rules of thumb and such. They help keep me from getting impatient and chopping too early. I’m shooting more for the stoned buzz to help mom relax and take her mind off her illness. It’ll work good for me too. I’ve gotten tired of smoking stuff that doesn’t have that affect

2 Likes

She will feel better we fixed up my sister in law when she was going thru it and even though they feel so sick they don’t want to do anything, smoking good quality REALLY helped with nausea. Sorry for your mother she has a good son, good luck

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. It feels like my coming has met my going sometimes. These autoflowers have been a god send. I’ve had a few hiccups along the way and some light contamination was needed to fix the problem. The genetics are top shelf too. I’ve got 3 plants out of 5 I started out with really 2 and 1/2. The other 2 1/2 were lost in the first week. I’ve got a dozen secondary buds 14 inches long and as big around as my wrist. The colas are like my arms. If they get much bigger I’ll yield over 2 lbs dry weight. About 1 gram a watt from my hps on a LightRail light mover. They’re huge and nearly fill my extra bedroom. I thought autos would be small but they aren’t. I’m rambling on and bragging a bit so I’ll get off here. Again thank you for your kindness

1 Like

I thought autos were small too. I’m just a beginner my 1st grow I had mixed some clones and a couple of mystery seed I had saved and 1 went male and we got it out early enough but after a few weeks into flower we found some very small seed on all but 1. We pulled with 48 hours dark and also only 2 days to flush. I got enough good bud to hold me till I harvest again. My 2nd grow was ruined by spider mites so this 3rd grow should be better because of all the help from forum. Sounds like you’ve got it going on good luck. I’ll tag you into my grow journal

Yeah I’ve been fortunate for the most part. I use to grow in bubbles 12 years ago so that’s what I went back to. Easiest thing to do for me. I recommend them for anybody who is New at this with a science back ground. Spider notes and white fly have gotten many of us though and they’ll get us again. Good luck and happy gro wing. I look forward to hearing from you soon

1 Like

what are bubbles please ?

I mistyped. I meant bubblers. It’s a cross between hydroponics and areoponics. A 10-20 gallon Rubbermaid container with a air pump and General hydroponic vitamins. Sorry about the mixup

1 Like

When my brother was dying of cancer, after every treatment he would force down banana bread we made for him with a lid of good grass in it and he didn’t get sick and he ate like crazy. Before the bread he wouldn’t eat for 3 days after treatments.

3 Likes

I just recently tried edibles with Thc and I really liked them. I never felt anything with edibles but it’s all in the recipe and preparation of the weed. Be careful though, I got so stoned that I got tongue tied at the Wendy’s drive through window. Really Bad experience, especially when you have the munchies and a severe case of cotton mouth! Just remember it takes a couple of hours for them to take effect and it hits like a freight train. Lmmfao

3 Likes