Does cool weather slow down the growth in the harvest period?

First time grower here. I have a few indoor and a few outdoor plants. Last week when the weather was still in the 80s, the outdoor buds were getting big and stinky and sticky. All good, but then this week we had a heavy rain and temps are maxing in the 60s, down to 40s at night. I checked my plants yesterday and they no longer had that heavy resinous odor. I picked a few buds for testing and left the rest, thinking one more warm spell, say in the 70s, should help them a lot. But then I wondered, how much growing can happen if temps are only in the mid 60s? Wouldn’t it be better to harvest now? And is it possible that heavy rains wash away that sticky resin that you want?

BTW I’m in central PA.

Pic shows one plant last week, with some buds starting to grow nicely.

1 Like

I like to keep mine until damaging frost or too much rain. The plant is not growing any more anyways, but the bud needs time, even with the lower temps. Especially last 2 weeks is important in buds development. These kind of temperatures are not going to do any damage to your buds. I would not harvest yet, if you don’t have to. I am in new england, by the way.

1 Like

Perfect. I’ll sit tight. That’s exactly what I needed to know.

1 Like

No rain can wash away the resin from the buds. But it’s not too good for the bud to get wet, because that causes bud rot.

1 Like