Does CO2 increase flowers significantly?

And I am not trying to make anyone spend anything that they do not want to I am only offering my 2 cent.

1 Like

What I understand is that light, water, and co2 are what is needed for a plant to survive and grow. More of any of them doesnā€™t do anything without more of the others.

Your experiences are definitely welcome and appreciated. If you had an increase in yeild from additional co2, we understand why. But that relationship between light, water, and co2 is well tested and documented from controlled grows. Itā€™s not my experience, or opinion, or any attempt to discredit your experience. Itā€™s just an explanation of why you wouldā€™ve experienced benefits from adding co2. And what the other members should consider in order to expect gains from additional co2.

1 Like

So I have no numbers to back any of what im about say, it is merely what I have observed. I added 2 things to my last grow (a hydroponic chiller and a light mover), and have noticed an increase in speed of growth. Now, I have seen that hydro is a faster growing technique than soil growing but when i added these two things my growth exploded. I wish I could throw out some percentages on how much faster growth I got but I just canā€™t. What I can say is it was eye popping to me and Iā€™m used to seeing what an MJ plant can do. My co2 was at about 450ppm for the entire grow and I feel like co2 was the last missing link in big time explosive growth.
Believe me, I think just adding co2 and not beefing up other variables in the grow is not worth the money that you will spend. Or if your just growing small plants like autos, I donā€™t see the point in using co2 to try to take a small yield plant and get something big out of it, however, if your really trying to produce some weight, and, if you as a grower, can keep up with the plants thirst for water and light, i think co2 can totally be worth runningā€¦

I believe the mistake that you donā€™t want to make is to be a novice with a 150 real watt led light in a 3x3 growing autos and think that co2 is going to rake in the pounds.

3 Likes

Exactly @TDubWilly!

1 Like

I believe thatā€™s totally ok with him, and I donā€™t think anyone thinks you are trying to get peeps to buy some useless stuff lol. I believe co2 works, and like he said up to 20% yield! Add 20% to any yield and any grower will be happy

2 Likes

I started my two grows as you said starting off with fluorescent for two weeks 400 watt hid for two weeks then 600 watt hid and 1000 watt hps for flower and when I added Co2 in a 8 Ɨ10 room I seen the difference with my own eyes in veg and flower but thank you for your opinions also there is always something to learn.

4 Likes

I believe you 110%, and on top of that, you donā€™t sound like a novice to me if your growing in an 8x10 lol and if thatā€™s the case Your probably someone that can effectively utilize co2ā€¦

Like I said, I would love to add it to my grows, I just havenā€™t gotten that far along yet :v:

4 Likes

@Onlythebest79 did you decide to supplement extra Co2 in your area? If you did Iā€™m sure they would like to hear what youā€™re seeing so far. If you have a minute, no rush bro

Itā€™s all good mate the main think is when you are ready you will see the difference and il bet you will be well impressed as for been an amateur itā€™s my 4th grow but not my first to be seen growing but that is OK.

1 Like

And just in case you havenā€™t seen this these are some examples off SMALL Co2 contributors

:v:.

1 Like

everyone know the photosynthesis equation also, and everyone knows that nutrients are not a part of it, however, common sense will tell you that the plant needs more of these things also if photosynthesis is happening at a faster rate. Athough nutrients are not part of the equation, i believe deficiencies will occur quicker if you donā€™t up your feeding to match the the increase co2 and growth.

3 Likes

I understand exactly what you mean for sure, if I stress my ladyā€™s in anyway I will most time leave them in veg for an extra 10 to 14 days but just let me explain always give your ladyā€™s time to recover before you switch to flowering.

Hey @MattyBear Iā€™ve only had in tent for little over a week. To me I havenā€™t noticed a difference because I donā€™t have another tent to compare it too without CO2. To be honest I think I would need to have a test tent and a non test tent to see difference between both. Iā€™m no expert at it and this is only the 3rd/4th grow for me and the CO2 thing is completely new to me. I donā€™t know what to look for if I was looking to see a difference if you can explain a little maybe I can check it out when they wake up and let you know then.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input

2 Likes

@WhYNot there is just so much information out there these days and itā€™s all good to know and then you can make your informed decision :+1:

Been doing research so I tried here to read what others have used or experimented.

I have used the boot buddy bag works for me @WhYNot and I put up a post with some other options also

I thought we were talking about a co2 tank and regulator. I have not run any test on the boot buddy bag but I have run test on several co2 generators on the market, specially green pads and exhale bags, and have performed these test over the better part of the last 8 months. Iā€™m sorry to say they have produced zero positive results for me. I have not run anything side by side but there has been a co2 monitor in there the whole time. I even tried over loading a 2x4 tent with 3 exhale bags and got nothing. I hung them hi and I hung them low, no change.

For any decent grow, I personally donā€™t think organic co2 generators are worth the money

5 Likes

Been there as well with exhale bags and yeast methods. Iā€™d figure tank and turn off exhaust during CO2 cycle

4 Likes

If your room is big enough and air tight then thatā€™s is the way to go, if you have the means use it and your sorted mate you know what you are talking about whatā€™s stopping you just grow my friend and enjoy doing it :v:

1 Like