Does Central AC In home replace ventilation system?

Im growing out of my walk in 5x5 closet. I have a vent in the ceiling. So in my case, should just an simple oscillation fan be suffice along with maybe a carbon filter under the vent so smell doesnt travel through out the house?

1 Like

Yes thats fine. That vent will be the supply and return for air flow. you may even have a carbon filter built into your hvac system. i recommend adding 2 fans. one fan blowing over the soil and the other blowing over the top of the plant. you want to avoid stagnant air.

3 Likes

Thanks and Good idea. Im thinking it may be easier to just put the filter maybe hanging below the vent.

1 Like

Keep an eye on you temps if you’re not pulling much volume of air out it could get hot in there…

1 Like

i also suggest getting a dehumidifier just incase the humidity gets too high. you dont want mold or bacteria. a humid, warm, protein rich environment is the perfect condition for bacteria to thrive in.

Good idea. With a dehumidifier i probably wont need a filter for the vent.

A dehumidifier doesn’t have much to do with filtering air for smell. :grin:

Well i agree haha. But the smell would be much stronger in a humid environment so in that way it would help. Any HVAC knowledgeable people know that if a filter used in my hvac system is enough to prevent smell from going throughout the house through other vents? Or if i should get a carbon filter to place under the vent?

if a filter used in my hvac system is enough to prevent smell from going throughout the house through other vents? Or if i should get a carbon filter to place under the vent?

HVAC is fine as long it’s blowing cold air. Doesn’t your central AC turn into a heater during the winter like mine does? Do not want hot air blowing into your grow closet.

If i have it on automatic yes… but for where i live winter is only 3 weeks… so for now this may be fine

1 Like