Does anyone know why sometimes you get a kinda powdery grey ash and sometimes you get a dark ash that kinda has structure?

In the last couple of years my buddy and i have discovered that some of the pot we buy has grey ash that seems clean and easily tops off the end of a joint and other times we get pot that has a darker ash that tends to have almost a structure (that is not quite the right word but best i could think of) and that ash will hold on a joint and be harder to tip off. All the stuff we have been smoking the last 5 years has been michigan medical grown pot buy folks in the area that have cards to grow it. we believe the pot that has the grey ash is “cleaner”.

Two questions. Does anyone else see this? Does anyone know what causes this?

We think it is because of improper flushing of nutes at harvest time or it could be something else. i have just started using a silicate additive and now i am worried that i might be doing something that might cause something like this.

Any ideas, science facts, or anecdotal experience is much appreciated.

The darker could be from a h if h mosture content

1 Like

Moisture content. If you cured using Boveda packs, you would have the same results every time.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower where you been man? Feel like we haven’t been touching bases

I’m actually all over the forum. The forum has been so busy lately, I really just don’t have time to comment on every single thread. I’ll drop a like or two here or there. But we are limited to how many we have. Most generally I do read all posts if they’re on topic. So most generally even if you think I haven’t been around, I probably came through read everything, just didn’t post or like anything.
Think of me as the covert member, always lurking in the woods, but I always know what’s happening. :wink: just like my growing. Lol. @Nicky

1 Like

Yeah valid point on the busyness of the forums I really think since covid alot of members have been posting more and more new members.
I will look at my phone and a thread will have like 11 new pots in a day!

1 Like

Sometimes more, but I always read them. Sometimes late and the question has been answered, but I still read them.

3 Likes