Does anyone know what this is...leaves on plant glossy

One of my Critical Mass girls has a couple glossy leaves and one that has orange discoloration along the veins.The rest of the plant is fine.@mrpeat,@covertgrower@,@kellydans or anyone?

1 Like

Pictures really help.

2 Likes

here they are,sorry

Almost looks like heat stress. Don’t quote me.

2 Likes

Might be too much nitrogen. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you’re using.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.se fill out a support ticket?

2 Likes

My Temps gave been up around 82 degrees and 75 at night the rest of the plants including another Critical Mass show no signs.Wuerd.And the glossy leaves have been there since week 3 of veg.

Looks like excess nitrogen. Just a guess, With out knowing how much you’ve been feeding.

3 Likes

I’m leaning towards nitrogen as well. :point_up: These guys have you covered​:v:

2 Likes

I haven’t figured out how to post a support ticket yet,my tech skills are poor sometimes but here is what I am doing-ILGMseed Critical Mass,Organic soil ,10 gallon smart pots,ph.of water 6.2 Indoor,HLG lights Temps 82 daytime 75 night Ventilated outside48% humidity with Co2

What kind of organic soil? Have you fed them anything in addition to the soil?

2 Likes

Thats possible as I fed organic fertilizer a couple days before switching to 12/12.All the other plants are fine,but maybe I screwed up on this one.Only thing is the rest of the plant is normal.

1 Like

Seems pretty likely this is the cause.

1 Like

I am using Dr.Earth Orgsnic fertilizer and fed 3 days ago but the glossy leaves have been there since week 3 of veg.

1 Like

Possibly the soil is just really a high nitrogen content.

1 Like

thanks!I will keep an eye on her.

1 Like

THANKS EVERYBODY!I love this site!

2 Likes

Yeah looking at the leaf super dark green too much nitrogen. Also leaf looking puffy like overhydrated. Just my thoughts good luck.

1 Like

I’m used to seeing nitrogen toxicity expressed as thinner, dark, folded down leaves in which the tip is curled drastically downwards. I do see your leaf tops curling a little, but I wouldn’t think you would see the deformation on your leaves due to nitrogen toxicity before you would see the preliminary signs. I swear I’m seeing a phosphorus toxicity sign on the twisted leaves as well. My guess would be that your ph was temporarily wacky when your plant made those leaves, which caused it to take in abnormal amounts of certain nutrients, or that you burned your plant with multiple excess nutrients. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that creates glossy leaves are russets and broad mites, which I doubt you have

1 Like