Does anyone know the cause of this?

Hydroponic fill in drain system. Currently flooding twice a day. 6-1/2 weeks. The tips of the leaves of new growth on a couple of plants are starting to curl and die. It’s more of a corkscrew curl rather than up or down. It’s happening near the bottom as well as the top and the tallest plant in the middle shows no sign of this so I don’t think it’s light. Most of the plants are OK and don’t show any sign of this . I think it might be starting to indicate a crop wide problem. Don’t think it’s fan burn, other plants are getting more direct blow from an AC infinity on lowest setting. If this is pH would it be too high or too low causing it?

2 Likes

Typically nitrogen from my limited experience :love_you_gesture:

Too much or too little? I’m using master blend 3-part at standard package strength.

1 Like

Too much, but what is your ph and nutrient temp

2 Likes

pH is around 6.5 . Temperature usually around 70 but it’s 65 at the moment because I just added some cold water to dilute. It’s usually room temp.

Little high. That’s where I use to run till joining here

3 Likes

Agreed. Set your ph around 5.8 and when it hits 6.0 adjust back down.

Also double check that your pump is cycling floods on schedule and that you have enough dissolved oxygen in your solution.

3 Likes

Lowered my pH a bit but I think I found the problem. Blocked bucket drain holes. Normally I would’ve been cleaning them but I wanted to see how long it took for them to get blocked. It looked like they were draining but they weren’t draining completely. Lucky I just checked.
:brain: :dash::nauseated_face: (that’s emoji for brain fart)

1 Like

Twisting of the leafs is typically a ph problem.
Glad you found that! Good save my friend!

3 Likes

Could be pH too. Working on that today.