Does anyone have some good reviews of electric sky?

I’m no expert so def consider others thoughts on this but I’ve heard that plants cant see green spectrum and its not overly helpful in production. I think this topic is debatable, but you def want far red. If you on the fence about the ES look at Grow Light Science cuz they’re cheaper and very similar. I read a post about em here and was like ooooh. Was gonna jump on it but the request for the ES was already in motion. I think this is also the point where you have to also consider the fact that whatever you get, you can master and pull great grows from cuz lighting is not the only factor to nice results. Get something that makes you happy and then perfect your craft. Dont over complicate it or you’ll be looking forever. Remember, all these videos and all that out there are designed to make you wanna buy their products.

2 Likes

One thing about the Aray I like is the choice of three different LED. Lumi, Samsung or … I forget the other choice

I’d definitely ping @dbrn32 on this one.

NASA, Oxford, and Bruce Bugbee all suggest otherwise. I believe study that NASA and Oxford released you could say that they have proven otherwise.

4 Likes

I do think I saw that article from oxford in passing but one or two studies is also not valid enough research to make a definitive conclusion. But that’s also why I prefaced my response with saying I’m not an expert because I surely am not lol. Do you think this light would be a better move than the Grow Light Science? My biggest thing is just get what makes you happy. Buying grow lights is a lot like photography. You will always find something that could be better lighting or gear wise but you also dont have to break your pockets to do well. What I do know is settling for something sucks in the long run.

I assume since the rspec from hlg includes 660nm diodes and they grow great that it would help out especially since it increases the ppf over the regular spectrum option. There is a small price difference adding the reds.

Migro has a 1 hour video talking about the aray but i haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.

Agreed. It’s that Lumi LED I wonder about. I’m going to watch that video.

Grow light science light looks to be superior to es300 in terms of efficacyand priced along with qb 260 kit.

2 Likes

Yeah I was like damn I cast my die already but I’m not disappointed. @Cap_Ron explained hod exp here.

ES300 vs Grow300 comparison

So I was reading while at work. Productive I know. Shane said that the lumiled was the same output as the samsung but he wanted to try it due to the performance of the zeus 600. He went on to say the reds dont affect the performance of the plant as they are not far red but rather they increase efficiency. Minimum height is 6 inches from canopy for sub 1000 PAR.
He also hinted at another product coming that has a longer bar length. Similar output and costs.
And they are putting out short spacers for between the bars to reduce the space between the bars.

1 Like

I’d get a Micro. 240W is all you’d need

1 Like

Thanks all. Went migro. Thanks @NeoGroR for the heads up on the new product and everyone who contributed.
Ships 2nd week august.

2 Likes

Awesome

The Migro lights always been good but pricy. 1-3 months ago he did a light review on a less expensive light that razed the bar and scared him and made them come out with the new light, should be killer.
If you didn’t get the new style light, never mind :point_up:

1 Like

I got the aray with the red spectrum. And yes it was the zeus 600 pro. It had the lumiled diodes and he gave the option of using the same leds on the new aray. He said they were exactly the same as the 301b diodes in spectrum and output. 301h is better but not by much and is cost prohibitive at this point.

2 Likes

He has a really informative YouTube channel, right? I refer to it often.

I mean, he’s a manufacturer and still recommends other brands. Integrity.

I send anyone looking for lights to his channel.

And have you seen the review of the new viparspectra? I’ll say this; It’s not a blurple.

4 Likes

I use a QB 2x288 V1 with 1/4 of a row out. Can my plants tell? Someday I’ll get the gumption to buy 2 Rspec boards to replace them.

1 Like

Seeent it! My first thought, when are all of these companies going to quit shooting themselves in foot? Still no sphere or gonio data. And their perspective coverage is equal to all of the industry leaders at 20% less power and half the cost? For whatever reason vipar in particular can get away from the blue dominant spectral distribution any year now.

If there’s a plus, the budget lights are getting better. But they’re still 2 years behind major players, who will make tooling change in blink of an eye where these companies will take another 2 years. Cree 2835 he and xpg3 already as good as anything Samsung and osram have and cheaper. I really wish one of these companies would make a move like that, that would be easier to get behind. Imo they are lucky I don’t have the time or desire lol. Because in enough quantity a competitive fixture could be made and sold at the price point of these budget fixtures. That is around where everyone else’s business expenses and profit margin come in.

1 Like

Hi there mate ,I’m using the es300 and I also have a hlg550 v2 , now all I can say about the electric sky 300 is that it’s a beast one of the best built lights,

They are a better veg light than the hlg550 I can definitely say that cause for my last grow I had them hung side by side going head to head and I found I had a lot more nodes and more growth , as for the yield i used all the same strain and soil and to be honest the yield on the electric sky had a little more due too being a better veg light but as for bud size an quality they are on par ,what I like about the electric sky is that you can have it a little closer to the plants which is great if they end up stretching heaps during the flip or you have a height restrictions my roof height is 2.2 metres
But the hlg550 is definitely more efficient and puts out more heat
If I was looking at New lights I would have a look at the new lumatek Zeus pro it’s a beautiful light and we’ll built but not sure on the prices ,it’s very expensive in Aus migro stuff is good my brother runs some of migro lights for veg and is solid and we’ll built ,he’s new light looks good too

But I can’t say a bad thing about the electric sky 300 great light and I would buy again in a heart beat

3 Likes

@Aussieorganic thank you for sharing. It’s good to see how it compares to the hlg equipment. I went with the new migro aray. I suppose I ended up being experimental going for a new unproven light. I still really like that es300 though. Buyers remorse was immediate that night but I will give a fair shake and share my first grow result swith the community.

2 Likes

The new array looks great and well built with a bit of thought behind it Shane built it to compare with the lumatek Zeus ,Ive always loved he’s lights
Yeah I can’t go past hlg lights they are very good and very efficient,but like you I was looking at different lights and saw the electric sky and the build quality is so good it’s definitely not as efficient as hlg but I’m finding it produces bushier plants than the hlg

Love to hear how your new light goes such a trippy looking light :call_me_hand:

2 Likes