Does anyone have any input on these lights?

I did my first grow with 4 of these on 2 auto flower plants. Plants seemed to do well but the buds werent very dense. I contribute that to it being my first grow. This current grow seems to have alot heavier buds. Is this lighting im using acceptable for proper bud growth?

Not the best, no. They are 19w each, and probably dont have great penetration.

Any reccomendations on something better thats not extremely expensive? Preferrably LED

Roleadro/Galaxyhydro makes good cheap lights. I was using them last couple grows before I switched to 315w cmh

1 Like

So is wattage the important part of lighting or is it more color spectrums and lumens? Sorry, lightings really confusing to me

Both are important, but even if say a 13w bulb has the perfect spectrum, you’re gonna get 13w worth of weed, which would probably be a couple bong rips. You want between 35-50w per square ft. of space. I’m growing in a 18"x36" tent with one 315w cmh grow light, giving me 70w per square ft. I was running 3 roleadro leds giving me closer to 100w per, but made the switch to cmh after a little research

2 Likes

You may wanna read up on lst and other types of plant training

1 Like

Next round of seeds im going to try lst and see how it goes

ill have to research cmh

Wattage and intensity has been shown to be more important than spectrum

3 Likes

I just bought a 135w QB light from GrowersLights that I’m very pleased with. They aren’t cheap, but they are first rate lights, that really flood the designated space with bright, light (soft white, not pink like other LEDs, though these are LEDs as well… equivalent to 250 watts of HID.)

2 Likes

What’s your budget? Keep in mind some lights are more efficient than others.

This thread has a very detailed description for building a 100w light that could easily take 1 modest sized plant from seed to flower for around $100. DIY with bridgelux eb strips - #127 by Drinkslinger

2 Likes

Honestly, they are pretty cheap compared to most types of equivalent LED lighting

1 Like

True, @Aolelon, and I wasn’t complaining. But they cost a fair amount more than hanging a couple of CFLs or using other less-effective lights. I think that these lights are a great value, though I won’t really know until my grow is all done, of course. It’s just that I realize that there are folks here who would be hard pressed to come up with a couple hundred bucks for a light… (though it’s cheaper than buying an ounce that’d be a one-and-done).

1 Like

Yea, but splurging the extra hundred or 2 for a good light will pay itself back within one grow, easily. Granted, you get the right one.

3 Likes

I have a galaxy hydro 300wt (not wall) that i tried for this grow my girls actually grow away from it toward the 2 viparspectra 300wt. Thru veg and flower…i have used bloomspect 300wt that gave me nice dense buds pretty deep into the canopy. And its really affordable. I wouldnt recommend a roleado unless you go with a roleado cob set up. Just my advice. But the viparspectra has shown the best results to date out of three known brands. Im trying to move to a 3500k diy cob set up. Crawlin towards it but its happening. ONE LOVE!
This is what i got goin on under 3 300wt viparspecra
Northern lights Auto ILGM
20180619_230111|375x500

3 Likes

Nl auto

3 Likes