Does anyone get that empty feeling, when you dont have a grow going on?

dont know about anyone else but i get the sads when the tent is empty

12 Likes

I would agree with that , I enjoyed the visits and also taking care of the amazing plants. :v::+1:

11 Likes

I usually feel a little bummed when I don’t have something flowering.

13 Likes

I get that panic feeling… the only way to describe would be… when I was a kid and we had to can veggies/ hunt and stock for the winter. It’s a feeling of what will everyone do if we run short.

Weed hoarder over here :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I agree with all that an empty tent is somewhat sad but the anticipation of the next grow is as exciting as your harvest. happy growing to all :bat: :rofl:

5 Likes

Every winter (tent is in an unheated garage), nothing I enjoy more than sitting with the girls, watching them dance in the breeze as I enjoy the previous harvest. Only 5 more months :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Yah i feel like that i also feel like that when seeds take to long to pop or if they dont pop i feel like that

2 Likes

yeah that is what i do also. amazing how caring for them is very relaxing.

1 Like

no i get it. i grew up on a real working farm. cows ,pigs,chickens etc… we grew and raised our food. think that is why i enjoy it some much

1 Like

For sure! I was sitting on about 2lbs from my previous harvest and then didn’t grow for like 3-4 months and I was in the habit of checking my plants daily. Usually im down there about an hour a day between my 3 tents and I would go downstairs to nothing and be like ohhh right and walk upstairs pouting lol

2 Likes

I just harvested a blue mystic. I started a GG, but decided I’d take a break from growing for a while. Harvested ~13 or so zips from the plant, gave 6 zips away to family and friends, and I still have enough left to last me over a year.

1 Like

I just smoke too much lol. Next year I’ll probably grow all year long and stockpile

2 Likes

I don’t have any time between grows anymore. I picked up a small tent that I set up in my bedroom about 3 weeks before my current grow is done. I use it a nursery to raise my seedlings in solo cups. Then once the big girls get cut down and moved out of the other grow spaces, I transplant the little ones and move them in. So I’m never without plants to take care of!

1 Like

My parents had 10 kids our farm was a work or starve farm :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:. My Dad wasn’t a farmer he was a welder but we lived on 50 acres and had a barn. We had the usual , chickens for eggs, 2 milk cows, a couple pigs. We had to hunt because the cows stayed and the pigs were not enough. We had about 2 acres for veggies/fruit’s and come fall everyone had to bust azz. Funny thing is I hated every moment then . Now I miss it daily.

2 Likes

lmao. yeah i miss it too. my parents passed about 4 yrs ago, some of the best memories are canning with my mom when i was younger and then helping pop in the feild so we didnt starve that winter. although we had 500 head of beef cows and 50 milkers. good times

1 Like

Ya know, its funny you post this because I am feeling that right now.
The empty feeling is combined with a very strong feeling that failure is most likely an option… ya see…
I have no idea what the hell I’m doing… first grow, etc…
I’ve been reading the forum here for days trying to educate myself…
I just finished my tent…it’s ready to go… I’m not…lol

1 Like

We would be happy to help you along. We can tag lots of folks to help too. @DurbanGirl
Durban poison is a great strain btw.
Welcome to the community!

I’ve got some Durban Dream in the grinder… as we speak.

1 Like

Welcome I was in your shoes just two shoe years ago. This is the place to be when learning to grow.

1 Like

You could always plant some to fill that empty feeling! :wink:

While I admit to feeling something missing not tending on my gals, I don’t have any big-top tents and don’t like to grow indoors, so I’m testing this past harvest until spring. :grin: I’m just a natural kinda sunlight guy (sunlight is free after all), but don’t confuse me with Mr. Natural from days of lore, he frequented the head shops in the day…

I think I’m over the worst of missing tending my gals, but this is what I learned this year. Another year, hopefully some bits wiser, and will make for better crops in the future.

1. Big Rootz still seems to be my winner, but must be the high nutes in the soil, it seems to attract moths/caterpillars/budworm. I tried to watch closely and only had what was left of a batch of organic bug, I don’t know what it was, but it came from Soil King in Cloverdale (makers of Rootz products). The other plants ended up doing better in the end, they were in Empire Builder, but the Big Rootz buds were slightly denser and sticky when harvested. Both are great after cured.

2. a discussion in the Outdoor forum, where Myfriendis410 provided some good info on Captain Jack Dead Bug (mites) and Monterey BTi (caterpillar/worms), so I plan to get both of those and mix together and mist every couple or three days. Myfriendis410 has used a similar combo, but I can get CJDB and BTi shipped to Home Depot.

3. I was a bit worried when I harvested but rain was coming and I didn’t want to risk a bad mold problem. Would be good if I can build some type of of shelter, since I only grow my legal limit of 6 in California. This year I ended up with 5. I was thinking a small lean-to against a wood fence with solid cover on top and netting around the sides with a small door would be ideal. That could help minimize the misting with spray also.

4. Auto watering. I currently water manually and I have a controller that was connected in my yard but is currently not on the new lines when they were replaced. This would be a bonus, but I don’t mind too much as watering is a part of tending to them.