Does anybody foiler spray everyday?

I use a couple of drops (3 or 4) of Alaka fish emulsion per gallon of water.

That’s an old wives tale. Never had a problem…

3 Likes

I think you only have a problem when you use the hard nutrients that you would use in soil, like nitrogen and stuff, if you do that wrong your screwed. Me and marine are literally spraying organic foods on the plants! Huge difference

1 Like

I’m from a family of farmers. We grew acres of crops in the brutal heat. We had these portable sprinklers that we would move throughout the day to both feed and water the plants.

I wouldn’t use chemicals on my plants no matter how much bigger my plants might grow.

3 Likes

The bud rot surprised me this season. 3x3 only two plants 6" exhaust, 6" intake, oscillating fan at canopy and another fan at the pots moving intake air. Humidity overall has been very low 40-50.

1 Like

Wow! Interesting! We’re you foiler spraying?

Your the bud of the month guy! Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Hmm. So if I understand right… Bud rot would be better then white mildew? If something rots you cut it off and keep growing … but if you get mildew… Just cut the whole crop? Or can you contain mildew?

Does the fish emulsion smell?

1 Like

Yes and no. I use so very little of it and I do have a filter on my exhaust.

2 Likes

Lol, I should probably stay away from it inside I don’t want to give the wife anything to complain about!

1 Like

I have not had to deal with powdery mildew. I’m not sure about ramifications and what is or is not salvageable. The bud I showed was from a couple plants I cut Friday. A little over two weeks ago I first noticed some mold. I removed several entire buds. I gave everything a thorough inspection. They needed a couple weeks to finish so I did a stiff peroxide spray. Pretty much drenched the buds, sprayed directly into them as best I could. Increased all the speeds on the fans and hoped for the best. This is some of the harvest

The top row not in the other photo

If I had any doubt it was cut out or the entire bud was burned.

3 Likes

I wish but no. I have entered once or twice but no cigar

I feed with fish poop too. Called foop

I recently heard of foop. How do you like it? Do you use the entire feeding product line? What is your medium? (sorry if you already mentioned that)

I love it… They put me on there promotional team! I think I’m getting amazing results. I feed everyday in soil and it won’t harm plants! I use the entire line from seed

2 Likes

I would err on the side of caution. You were okay so far but now in flower I would discontinue until they’re harvested. Maybe okay in veg but I wouldn’t use it in flower. Just my 2 cents. :grin::v:

Ya spraying buds on this forum is like a taboo. Maybe if this wasn’t my first grow I would continue… but right now I have virgin paranoia , so I’m playing it chill, I’m going to stop the showers

1 Like

I would keep an eye on your humidity. Anything you spray will evaporate and increase humidity. That humidity, if it gets a chance to hang around in undisturbed pockets within your canopy will cause humid hot spots and it’s these hotspots that give you problems. That’s why we have fans to move the air about, I also pass my hands up through the canopy looking for leaves that are sitting on top of each other. These leaves are usually wet when you seperate them. If I have super dense buds then get the air on them as well, they will rot and you won’t know until you harvest

U can get rid of wpm I’ve tried a bunch of different things and so far come up with blue magic works great against wpm and pests. But but it is super expensive

At home I dont use any sprays. At work we use them almost everyday. Yes while in flower! If we thibk it may burn we will simply do a test plant in the corner.
We sprayed one greenhouse a few weeks ago. 7 days before harvest. Very very light spray. Learn what workes with the plant and roll with it.
Also highly depends on what you are spraying :wink:
Happy growing…