Doctor, I Need a Second Opinion, Please

My durban poison developed bananas overnight. Concur? I’d like second opinions (I’m 4 weeks into flowering and in denial) before I throw it out.

4 Likes

Last pic, no doubt.

1 Like

Yep, no doubt, gone hermie.

1 Like

Sorry, but yes.
You can actually see the pollen.

Have you checked your timers, tents for light leaks, or looked for flowing leds on anything in the tent?

Are these from ilgm seeds?

4 Likes

Was going to hit like button, can’t bring myself to do it. That sucks. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

They are from another seed bank. I do a function check on my timers every day because I had a mishap a few months ago where I flipped the switch to always on when I was adjusting it. I always seal both tents and close the room they are in before lights out every day.

It seemed to happen really fast. I inspect those pistils pretty thoroughly every day.

@Drinkslinger good catch on the pollen. It has probably pollinated my blue mystic too. I think I may just finish them out and make hash from what I harvest. I just ordered a 2x4 tent to finish them in. I can get a quicker start on my maui wowie and orange barb that way. I’ll have to wash down the tent with peroxide or bleach.

3 Likes

I’ll put this is my grow journal.

@MidwestGuy I would finish growing the ithers because as you said you can make hash. Hell, you can do edibles as well. When I pulled the one Blue Dream because she couldn’t hold her self up I didn’t toss. She is being used in edibles. I try not to waste if I can help it. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m making space in another room today just in case the blue mystic didn’t get pollinated. I’ll cut the SCROG and get it moved after I get the room light sealed and arranged.

I do plan on ripening it and making hash out of it. It’s too far along to just throw out.

1 Like

I can’t smoke hash nor wax and what not. I’d cough till I passed out. I’ll leave that to the Pros but I would love to try it if I didn’t have a bad case of asthma and I never smoked cigarettes. :pensive:

I changed my avatar to the picture of me holding up my 7 foot beast. :+1:

2 Likes

I would have to agree with all above Tranny Planny for sure sucks :-1:

@FlxerPower…damn it, wtf is in the air? My DP went hermie at week 4 and now yours!..that’s sucks.

1 Like

Maui wowie is in my next grow too. I’ve been waiting anxiously :blush:

1 Like

Bleach is nasty shit.
Simple soap and water will do the trick if your worried about any residual pollen left in there. Feel free to correct me if that won’t work but pollen isn’t all that.

Silver lining…Free seeds!

2 Likes

Dunno, man. I had everything dialed in pretty tight and was OCD about maintaining light discipline. Might have been genetics, who knows.

I moved it to another room. I’m going to make hash out of it, but I really would like to have DP flower. I’m going to have to drop another bean.

Still no nanners on the blue mystic. Knock on wood.

2 Likes

Were these feminized seeds?

Yes they were.

That sucks I know, but here’s a post I ran across: "Well since Feminized seeds are made by intersexing a plant(stressing a female flower or spraying hormones in buds to cause growth of male flowers) And because of this the plants still have this intersexual trait! It sux i know. Only when a feminized strain is really breed to its fullest that it gains the anti intersexual genes from its family! Since this takes up to 4 years. companies like gh were your church comes from, or BBB just pop out fem seeds after another, without being stable, so there comes your hermie, yours is just showing strong traits, i would just cut then off without leaving a stump or break them off with your fingers but by pinching with your nails so the wound gets closed a little bit and pests or plagues have less a chance to the moisture. Hopefully it only stays at certain branches! Its better to remove then to have a crop of seed, but watch it and see how the flowers move on the plant before you make your choices of cutting or whatever. However i am not saying that the seeds you guys purchase are not of quality, they are. Its just the herm traits can be less or greater just depending!

1 Like

I’ve had hermie problems with bag seed, but never fem seed. I doubt I’ll save any of the seed for that reason. The bananas are on nearly all of the flowers as of this morning. I may not have been environmental, as its blue mystic sister that had been sitting next to it is still fine. Of course that doesn’t mean it can’t happen. It just hasn’t happened yet. I’ve isolated the plant to prevent it from pollinating others’.

1 Like

I got it to on my LSD plants. Picking bananas get day to I cut her.

1 Like