Doc's never ending adventure

Its a coin of phrase. It means do the same thing over and over again.

It does!

Thank you! Same here.

I am and I have! The Durbin Express and P.B. Breath cross Im growing right now. Im starting a 3 plant auto run in the next day ir so, I had 3 seeds fail yesterday otherwise it would be today! Im gonna use up all the auto seeds I have but Ill be ordering no more of them. Until they are gone Im planting photo, auto, photo, auto.

1 Like

Morning Deb!

Varies depending on light and how it distributes the light but for the most part avg hanging distance is 12-18 inches for smaller lights and 18-24 inches for larger lights. Two good ways to judge 1) the science aspect. Science says that each phase of growth has a min and maximum ppfd. (DLI another measure)

You can download the photone app for free and use your phone to guide you. Accuracy varies but it works, and well enough to grow by.
Screenshot_20230125-104057_One UI Home
2) use the factory suggested seetings for each phase (germ, seedling, veg and flower) then use your hand to judge distance. If you put your hand, palm down, at cannopy level for 30 seconds the heat will guide you. If its too hot for your hand its too hot for the plant and needs to be raised more. Myself, I use both. I follow the app and test it with my hand.

Youll likely be closer, like 12-15 inches as @LiesGrows suggested.

Seedling 75%rh max
Veg 65% rh max
Flower 40-65% rh max
In flower lower RH is better. If you can get it down bellow 50% you can stress the plant into giving you more trichome production, stressing for more trichomes is a pro move so be warned you should understand your plant and how they react to stress before trying this as a technique. This last year I been hanging around 65% rh during flower. Its important to have high circulation at that time and in that range to prevent mildew.

Happy growing my friend.

2 Likes

That’s the height it is at. I did follow the pamphlet with the light. I have been working with doc from the day one.

2 Likes

@Jerryren havent heard from you in a bit, whats growing on my friend?

1 Like

I don’t pay attention to distance. DLI has helped me and it takes out the guess work for me! Hope it helps you as well. Download the Photone app in your phone and use that. Make sure to set your time on there to get proper DLI for your light schedule. Happy growing growmie🤙🏻

2 Likes

Good afternoon. Hey I lost all my emails and I am sending some pictures of the trichomes with Microscope didnt want to cut anymore buds off so I hope you can see them ok

I went around the buds

3 Likes

Hey good day doc. Here are some microscope pics. Didnt want to cut off no buds

So I also lost all emails

2 Likes

I have been waiting for my contractors to finish in my house, I didn’t want to have to stand guard. Lol. I have been reading up and jotting down notes for my next grow. Because my wife and I are considering a trip to the south for a couple of months it looks like my grow will start in the spring and consist of feminized in the garden and auto in the house. Should prove interesting to say the least.
I still have plenty of my last grow and have been enjoying it every night. I have also shared some with a couple of close friends and they are in hemp heaven!
Thanks for reaching out I will definitely tag you when I start my spring crop.

2 Likes

looking forward to it! Glad you and the Mrs. are well. I wouldnt want to have to stand guard either! sounds like a good grow season ahead. See you in the Spring.

1 Like

looks good! im sure we have gone over this part but want to be thurough. Trichomes mature from the top of the plant down. its important to look at the trichomes about 1/3 of the way down the plant as well as 1/3 of the way down the bud itself. Lastly trichomes on the sugar leaves will mature much faster then the ones on the bud so be sure your not scoping them sometimes its easier to snip a lil leaf away to get a good look at the bud itself. that with standing, getting closer. YAY!

1 Like

had 3 seeds fail to germ, dropped 3 more which have germmed and are getting soiled today. more news later today! have a good one all.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I gave it full nutes with cha ching. I say it is last water with nutes. So you are saying that the sugar leaves could be a better indicator for things? Also here is something I have done when it came to harvest and the drying. Have you ever used a meter that tests the moisture?

2 Likes

Hey I misunderstood about sugar leaves. I have removed a few leaves away already off the buds. They were yellow so I figured why have them there. I also take the scope all around the plant and checking every day.

2 Likes

I have but I bought a meter that distinguishes the difference between wood types and so Im not sure which setting to use. Alot of people here at ILGM swear by then though.

2 Likes

Someone on the forum said something to look for moisture level around 10 to 11 during drying.

3 Likes

13 day’s later what you guys think

7 Likes

I was wondering about this! I saw @Graysin was gonna hook you up with a sample pack of Jack’s!

3 Likes

You use the “soft wood” setting. Whatever that happens to be on yours. Which one did you get? The orange one?

2 Likes

Looking real good! Excellent work!

2 Likes