Doc's never ending adventure

I still am on at least another week to 2 before it’s fully ready. It is sure a pretty girl.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, 2 weeks for sure. Maybe a lil longer.

1 Like

We do have the microscope to check it out. When you look for amber how much do you go? Also what is the high you want?

1 Like

I like to see about 20-25% amber trichomes. But I like to be fused to my couch.

2 Likes

Ok I like the kick back but I also like to have energy to do something.

You wouldn’t have a picture of one of your harvested bud showing amber?

1 Like

No but I got a couple examples.

For more euphoric and energized go for this look

Only about 1% amber trichomes in this image. They are hardly even noticeable.

For more couch locked go for this look.

This is even a little shy of what I like, this looks like 15% to me.
Does this help?

2 Likes

Yes it does. So I think where mine is at is the first pic. I definitely to want more amber. I just took this top of the main cola. I definitely know it’s not ready.

3 Likes

I wouldnt worry about it till you have all red pistils save for a few. Like 95% red pistils will put you at keast a week from harvest. Dont sweat it too much. You will only harvest too early once in your grow career. Some stuff has to be experienced. Gotta grow to know kinda thing.

I love how dedicated you are to your plants. As long as you keep that, I know you will grow superb cannabis.

1 Like

Thank you. I enjoy it and every grow its gotten better in my opinion. It’s alot of work and honestly dedication.

2 Likes

@Docnraq, So would you start flushing at about 10% amber if you want to finish at 25%?

1 Like

Yes maybe even just before amber shows.
A good flush should take 7-10+ days. However, sometimes I miss the mark. When I am on the ball then at the point of all cloudy, I stop feeding and only give phd water until harvest which is usually about 2 weeks later. When I miss the mark, I do a hard flush on the soil (3x volume of pot in phd tap water) then water only until the end. This will cause color changes in your leaves very fast, sometimes the next day and they will begin eating themselves. The slower process is the best. Brings the best colors too IMO.
On a side note, I read somewhere that if you want the leaves to turn more amber vs yellow you can ph your water high to like 10ph and this will bring out the red colors. Never done it tho.

2 Likes

Durbin Express transplanted into Natures living soil and FF Ocean Forest on12/29 she looks so happy today, so I went and twisted her branches and roughed her up a little.
Harvest weigh in:
2 Tripple Grape autos- 4.99oz.
1 Forbidden Runtz auto- 2.89 oz
1 Skunk Runtz auto- 1.28 oz
Trim/larf from all plants 3.85 oz

Thoughts on this grow: This grow taught me alot about bennificial microbes. Even with salt based nutes, the plants really respond to them being in the soil and ot shows.
The Tripple Grape were spectacular but also very fun to watch grow. Both just caked in trichomes, and smell like gasoline! I think they would have been huge plants in a 5 gallon pot. These were grown with my usual FF regimine with a NLS top dressing and tea infusion.

The skunk runtz was a larfy mess, most her buds went to the infusion pile. It was my first time using Jacks and I wasnt fedding her every wateringblike you are supposed too so when she needed the nutes to be high, she had not near enough and she never recovered from it, her weed is good but soooo wispy.

The Forbidden Runtz suffered the same fate as the Skunk Runtz. However she recovered from my error and put on a good show, she was also in a 5 gal so she was a larger plant anyhow.

As for the Jacks nutrient line, after I started using it propperly the plants were quite healthy and bore good buds considering the misshap. Easy to mix, gentle enough to be used throughout.
I like alot about it and would reccomend it as a go to feed source for anyone but especially new growers. Its far less comllicated then F ox Farm or Advanced Nutrients. Thanks @Graysin for the hook up!

5 Likes

When i ran Jacks i would water/feed rinse repeat some times id skip a feed depending how high my runoff was at the time of hitting them with water only and dam brother that NLS look like its doing its thang man she is loving that soil im still jealous af about your Triple Grape lmao my TH and Grape Sky had next to no smell or taste :rofl: one day ill run more of them hopefully by that time ill have some sts spray and can get more beans if so ill shoot ya more of them also brother

3 Likes

What do you mean when you say rinse?

2 Likes

@Docnraq, Nice haul! When you exceed 1/2 pound it seems to make it even more worthwhile, doesn’t it?
I enjoy watching your grows evolve. I can see a day in the near future, that your medicine cabinet only contains Jacks.
Are you still considering switching to photos?

2 Likes

Good morning Doc. Hey here is 2 questions I keep forgetting. How far should my light be from the plant? Humidity where should be at still in flowering?

3 Likes

What light do you have Deb most manufacturers provide a light distance chart and RH for flower should be better 40-50%

2 Likes

Its a 100 watt led Samsung diodes

2 Likes

Do you happen to know the brand and or model by chance? Typically tho for flower about 12 to 15 inches from the top of the canopy is usually kund of a standard for most led lights

1 Like